The spells in question are Curse of Years (Arkhan the Black) and Blood Boil (VLoZD).

My assumption is you keep rolling until you have no more successes rolled or the unit/target dies. One side said that the Rule of One on spawning extra attacks would cover this sort of idea, as you don't get bonus attacks from your bonus attacks. The other side said that the spells, as written, were fine and didn't trigger that clause. That's how I thought, but I was the Death player (running Arkhan in 1k games, thinking about using VLoZD in a 2k list) and let the others decide on it. We couldn't find anything in any FAQ addressing this. It isn't "casting a spell three times" sort of deal, like Kroak, so I don't think that would apply.

Anyway, if anyone has any insight, or can point out an FAQ/tournament rule set that say something either way, that'd be a massive help.

Other then only being able to cast the spell once per turn the Rule of One has nothing that prevents Arkhan and the Vampire Lord from wiping a unit if your dice are hot.

I don't think there are any official answers to it, so it's all up to you and your community. Personally I see no reason to hold these specific models back even more, especially with all the craziness going on in other Grand Alliances xD

Rule of One for that in question is an attack, not a spell  So if you ever get even 1 success at the 2+ level, the target auto dies because you would infinite loop 1+ until they die, since for spells a 1 is not an automatic failure.

Archived