Mixed Death or Flesh Eater Courts ?

Incineroar87

As it stands as we have no traits or artefacts outside of the grand alliance there is no advantage to restricting yourself to just flesheaters. 

Deffinately worth the bulk being flesheaters for the synergy but feel free to add anything in you wish. Necromancer can be good for example. 

Yup. No advantage to sticking to one faction. Flesheaters is probably the strongest single faction with most built in synergy so good as a core.  But other strong units to add would include:

mourngul

zombie spam/necromancer/corpse cart combo

vampire lords

nagash

morghasts

it depends, they can work.

Nagash needs a list built around him to work. Seetra is no longer as good due to the price hike, but is decent.

Neferata is a great character and paired with a mourngul really allows board control. unfortunately in an age of mass shooting Neferata dies rather quickly.

Nighthaunt also works rather well.

5 minutes ago, ZephyrExia said:

I'd vote mixed death simply because I don't like FEC. 

That being said, the fact that a mourngul is pretty much a tournament must-take, is somewhat annoying.

He's good but certainly not a must have. I took Nagash to SCGT and had a Mourngul sat in my box to be summoned all weekend and he never made an appearance on the table. 

12 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

But you had nagash lol

He won best Death at SCGT. ?

6 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

How well did Nagash do at SCGT ? What was your list sir ?

I haven't seen a good Nagash list in a while :) 

You can watch his game against the 27 skyfires on twitch. The list is Nagash, the Von Carstains, some zombies and a huge summoning pool. ?

Personally I would prefer mixed Death.

By design you get a much larger pool to work with so you'll have increased diversity among aesthetics and playstyles.

Also, as it currently stands there is little-to-no bonus for going pure FEC allegiance. New GW is designing deep and well made battletomes, but they're slow enough that you shouldn't restrict your Grand Alliance sized army selection pool.

Also competitively there isn't exactly a lot of options for FEC, essentially no rend -2 or bigger, almost no Mortal Wounds, no ranged etc. They can regen and have synergy but there't just not a flexibility or depth in the faction so you can't really grow it.

Archived