Maggot Lord or 2x Great Unclean One?

Hrudian

I'm in a doubt about what to add next to my existing Nurgle army. Maybe people here could give me some advice.

I'm thinking about buying a Chaos Warshrine and convert both of the mutants into 2 Great Unclean ones. From the left over bits I could make a Nurgle shrine (flying or carried by nurglings). On the other hand I really like the look of a Maggot Lord as a centrepiece of my army. Especially Morbidex looks fun to play with some nurglings around him.

I'm not a very competitive player but I like to have a good enough list to win now and then ;)

So, what would be a better option?

2x Great Unclean One...

or

1x Maggot Lord + some other stuff?

My current army looks a bit like this:

Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)
Herald Of Nurgle (100)
Harbinger of Decay (140) 
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140) 

10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)  

3 x Beasts Of Nurgle (180)
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)

Plagueclaw (180)

Total: 1600/2000 

On 2017-5-10 at 4:35 PM, sal4m4nd3r said:

Whats the reasoning for including a harbinger of decay in your mostly demon list?

My n00b-ness... :D

No seriously, I have yet to play my Nurgle army but I've read everywhere that the Harbinger is an auto-include if you have Blightkings.  Maybe in this list he will be fairly restricted to buffing only one mortal unit (BK's). Would that still be enough to include him? Or is there a sweet spot of minium of X mortal units in your list to justify his appearance? He is quite killy himself as well, right?

Well I don't think 140 points is worth spending on a 5+ save for one unit. I would drop him, the herald and maybe all three of the beasts and to get and get two GUO, and 3 more drones. Or drop harbinger and add two GUo and add another beast. But the herald of nurgle sucks. The guo will activate the locus of the plaguebearers. You REALLY should try to work in 20 more plaguebros to buff one unit up to 30.

On 5/13/2017 at 10:59 AM, sal4m4nd3r said:

Well I don't think 140 points is worth spending on a 5+ save for one unit. I would drop him, the herald and maybe all three of the beasts and to get and get two GUO, and 3 more drones. Or drop harbinger and add two GUo and add another beast. But the herald of jurgle sucks. The guo will activate the locus of the plaguebearers. You REALLY should try to work in 20 more plaguebros to buff one unit up to 30.

Yeah, what he said.... or figure out a way to bring a DP to shadow the drones. He'll trigger their locus and he adds a nice bit of punch as well.

Archived