Nurgle terrain ideas

Primarch

Hi all, so I'm going to spruce up my display board for my nurgle force. As it is now it is pretty much just a bog, brown earth with pools of nurgles rot and some tufts. I was wondering if any of all the amazing peoples on this forum has any ideas of how to turn it into more of nurgles garden. Is it viable to use aquarium plants, could I make the trees from the citadel woods more nurgly? Any tips or ideas are wellcome :)

First of all I would say pay attention to the choice of materials and aesthetic they present in the end. You want a creative displayboard, but you don't want something that is disorienting and thus distract from your army. If you're gonna use the citadel woods, make sure the rest of the board has similar qualities. Take some foes and paint them dead on the ground by the pools and add some boils and plague looking decay. Get your hands on some rats.

as for the trees: Sculpt a few eyes and blend the eyelids into the bark using COLORSHAPERS. Paint them fairly dark I would say. A dark drab purple base with a drab purble drybrush. Then pop the eyes using a bright Grey and like yellow iris for striking attention-grabbing details. 

If you go for aquarium plants I would try to make sure you can get them to be very grounded with the leaves, maybe even glue the tips of the leaves to the base. Paint them same as the trees with the same highlights. But add an neon-acidic green very delicately to the edges of where the holes are, as per suggestion above. That should give some idea of the attack on the plants by the presence of big daddy Nurgle. 

If you had a picture of your display, it would be easier to give better feedback :)

Soak some plastic trees etc in some Paint remover but keep an eye on it, once it has started to eat away at them removed and ready in soapy water. You now have more rotted looking trees.

An easy and simple way to add the Nurgle rotten look is to add Mushrooms and Toadstools. They add to the decaying damp forest vibe and are simple to sculpt or cheap enough to buy that it won't cost the earth. Chuck a few skeletons hidden vines and rota to reinforce this.

Insects would also fit in, you can use Tyranid devourers pointing up to look like little hives for example.

Finally colours make sure everything is painted from the same colour range as this helps the idea of a spreading rot. If you have the time maybe have a cut of point so it looks like the rot is encroaching on untouched land.

Hope that helps.

-VonRunestorm

Archived