Crypt Ghoul Models as Zombies

ZealousJ

Another tedious topic from me as i hover above committing to any one faction for me return to the hobby I'm afraid.

Im having what seems to be a common battle line problem with death. The best choice to me seems to be zombies but i can't stand the models.

I do however love the crypt Ghoul models. Do you think anyone would object to my using crypt ghouls as zombies if i make it clear? 

If it weren't for my issues with death battle line and the zombie models I'm pretty sure I'd have jumped in with them

I don't think anyone would mind. As long as your are clear before the game starts. I use some mantic ghouls as my zombies. They look a little more human. Have clothes etc. the mono pose is ok but the look alright on rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems fine. Another option is to use the Crypt Ghouls bodies and swap out their heads with spare zombie heads/skeleton heads.

Should add some variety to the unit and make them clearly not crypt ghouls as they have been converted!

You could also get some spare models from friends and make them your zombies. I.e. 2 dwarves, 2 humans, 2 elves, combined with a few crypt ghouls and throw in a zombie/skeleton arm here or there and you've got a nice diverse unit of zombies.

Yeah, I wouldn't put up a fuss, but do some conversions so you're not just using straight ghouls-as-zombies (no, painting the eyes glowy doesn't count as converting). Zombies must be the easiest unit to convert - if they end up looking terrible, GREAT!

@ZealousJ
No they are for my FEC,  but i plan to proxy them as zombies because I only have mantic zombies (and very few of them made).

The only thing is, as long as you only have zombies, or only have ghouls, its not  really an issue.

Most of these guys have mantic zombie/ghoul heads. I don't really like the "mutant" heads of the GW kit.

Archived