Preparing for Shadowkin - support units

Mayple

So, while I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for the inevitable shadowkin release, I figured I'd do some pre-planning.

In this case, I was looking at order units/heroes that could support the shadowkin army, both thematically and competitively. The thought that came to mind, since we have nothing to go by yet, is that the shadowkin are probably really squishy. Now, we could either try to buff our units to be less squishy (but still pretty squish) - or we could take steps to ensure they just don't take many hits at all, which seems like a more fitting thing to do in my mind. 

The units/heroes that will support our shadowkin in such a way is the darkling coven sorceress, a grey battlemage, and potentially a frost phoenix. All three are capable of inflicting -1 to hit onto an entire unit. Although I feel the frostfire phoenix is a tad expensive, as the shadowkin would surely have expensive options of their own, and I'd rather field that. 

This approach could also be effective as a support for the daughters of khaine, who'd rather not get hit at all. 

How does this approach sound? Are there other '-1 to hit' units/heroes that is worth mentioning, that I should consider?

Edit: Oh, and the general theme here is sort of a 'strike from the mist' type of dealio. 

Seems like a waste of your time. If they get a battle tome it will probably not be worth it to break that allegiance. They might well have abilities like that.. doubt they'll need more in that case.

Sylvaneth has a few  -1 to hit abilities if you want to look anyway.

Maybe shadowkin end up being really tough elves, with some shadow form rule that makes them ignore rend like undead spirits. We know nothing! It's all speculation for now (thus useless).

So I'd join Aezeal, not worth preparing before it is out (not to mention that new armies have cool allegiance abilities, so breaking them is perhaps worse than the remedy). 

Archived