Help me choose a realm for my Order city!

generalchaos34

Im trying to make a background city for my joint Free People/Aelf army and I've decided I want them to be in a recently reclaimed ancient city deep within snowy and dense forests, ala Winterfell. The humans, high aelves, and dwarfs will be inhabiting the main city and the wood aelves will be proliferating in the nearby forests. The background will be loosely based on ancestors of Middenland who venerate Ulric. I am having trouble visualizing a realm that this would fit best. Currently the only thing that remotely fits (or probably even has snow!) is Ghur, which would also tie in a nice wolf theme. What do you guys think? Maybe Shyish or Hysh?

Also this way I can be lazy and paint them all the same color scheme to keep it all tied to a central theme =P.

The one really nice thing (to me at least) with Age of Sigmar is that it can be a sort of blank canvas for your own fluff.

With that said you can probably make up a story for whatever realm you would like, however, as you said I believe Aggie may be easiest with what we already know of.

it is a harsh realm where survival isn't certain against the elements (kind of like "Winter is coming"), which can have large predators (your wolves), there may be vast dense forests of evergreen trees where you left wood elves inhabit as well as your main city standing as a testament of mortal stubbornness against the elements in a realm that strives to tear down as the natural order drawing the citizens to work together out of either (your choice) good will cooperation or simply a pragmatic means of survival.

One thing to look out for though are those beastclaw raiders and Ironjawz tribes, they're not the greatest neighbors!

Ghur seems to fit. Maybe you can have your city built on/in the carcass of some ancient world wolf? Then have it's lesser cousins/progeny populate the area...

Ample room for wolf mounts on a free peoples army. Just thunder wolf in place of demigryphs. 

I love the freedom of aos to invent a back ground floor your armies

Ghur was the one I was thinking reading your post at first.

Loot of cool customization options with "savage" things to your army.

Another option is Chamon. You know, all that metal has to have cold places, like, giant "deserts" of pure metallic dunes reflecting the stars and planets in the sky.

Thanks for the input! I was originally going for Ghur too and a savage feel but after Galas' suggestion of Chamon it got my wheels turning....

I've decided on Chamon!

Heres the basics. In the frosty northern reaches of Chamon there lies a forest of deep blue trees that are made of living crystals.  Within that forest is the ruins of an ancient city that worshiped Ulric (and who knows, he could have easily been a deity in Sigmar's pantheon). Those ruins have been reclaimed by pioneering humans and aelves who claim some distant ancestry to an ancient and mysterious place known as Middenland. In honor of that they named their city Middenheim and call themselves the Wolves of Ulric. The humans and high aelves claim the city and the wood aelves roam the forest, keeping watch for murderous wolves who stalk the land, with fur that shines like the silver and blood that flows like mercury.  

This will allow me to keep my original idea of using Blue and Silver as my primary colors to bring my army together, what do you guys think? I gotta say, being able to craft your own backstory is one of the saving graces of the new Sigmar lore. 

Archived