Disco's painting log

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've still got a few final glazes to apply once the model is finished which will add a bit more variation but it won't be 2 tone like the GW painted ones.

Started on the bone which has been painted in  zandri dust and has had the 1st wash of seraphim sepia.

temporary_zpslpd7px2k.jpg

Thanks for the compliments :)

Base is real easy to do.

Greenstuff the islands

apply PVA  where you want the sand and gravel and apply gravel 1st then sand

PVA the whole thing once dry

base coat of Dawnstone,shade with Nuln Oil,drybrush with Ulthuan Grey

paint all water Kabalite Green

liberally apply Nurgles Rots over the Kabalite Green

liberally apply Athonian Camo shade over water area

paint over 'Ard Coat to get shiny finish

With Otto done I had a few choices of what to paint next:Chosen,Hexwraiths or crack open the start collecting box of Pestilens or Nagash that I've had sitting here for a while.I've decided to finish my Chosen as they are just killing machines and a unit of 10 with Glottkins command ability will be brutal.I just hate prepping and painting finecast.

temporary_zpsvosi40cr.jpg

Huh as I look at the picture I realise I haven't done Otto's trophy poles,will get them done pronto :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't got an awfull lot of painting done recently but I did attend Facehammer GT a couple weeks ago with my Soulblight army and I had to get another Bloodknight unit painted and get some Bat Swarms done too. As it turned out I couldn't get them finished in time(even painting all thru Friday right up until we left at 5am to get there!) but did manage to base coat and shade and base them so they looked ok for the tournament. Anyways I've picked up where I left off and have started the job of finishing them.

temporary_zpsedk1vzev.jpg

and the Bat Swarms I'll finish off after the Bloodknights.

temporary_zpschxmeexj.jpg

I've decided to re-do the heads of the Bloodknights and paint the bat helmets in the same colour as the bats/vargiests inmy army. Im already happier with the look and will go back at some point and re-do my other 2 units.

temporary_zpsdteo8cf0.jpg

And a quick pic of my Armies on Parade entry. I only decided to enter on the Friday before so really didn't have time to do anything special for the display board(which ultimately cost me any placing). Spurred me on to do a proper entry next year tho :)

temporary_zps4wtytmrm.jpg

Archived