2k Ogors first tournament list

Dongilles

Hello all,

At the end of the month I have my first tournament ever, I have been playing with friends for a couple of years but never painted much and using proxies.

Now for the tournament I want to take my Ogors, but I am now I'm doubting between 2 lists. I know there are way more compatitive lists out there  but I do not have the models for it and I do not know what the standard is at the tournament. So I have build a list with models I like and know with good strategy I still can win.

1 list:

Leaders

Tyrant, Great Gutgouger Battlebrew and Bellowing Tyrant 160 points

Butcher with Cealdron 140 points 

Units

3 * Ogors Ironfists, full command 120 points

3 * Ogors Ironfists, full command  120 points

3 * Gorgors 180 points (seperate units)

6* Ironguts, full command 440 points

4 * Mournfang pack, Ironfists, full command 400 points

Behemonths

Thundertusk Beastriders 320 points

List 2

Leaders

Tyrant, Great Gutgouger Battlebrew 160 points

Butcher with Cealdron 140 points 

Huskard on Stonehorn Bellowing Tyrant 380 points 

Units

3 * Ogors Ironfists, full command 120 points

2 * Gorgors 180 points (seperate units)

6* Ironguts, full command 440 points

4 * Mournfang pack, Ironfists, full command 400 points

Hey! Recently played a 2k tournament with ogors.

1 tyrant
Frost lord on stonehorn
Huskard on thundertusk
Moonclan grot shaman
6 ogors
6 ogors
3 ogors
3 leadbelchers
1 gargant

I had mixed success with this list.
1 win 1 draw and 1 loss.

Do you know the scenarios you will be playing as that is very important for building your list.

The thundertusk is an amazing work horse and I used mine to snipe heroes that gave buffs. It can fairly reliably put out 6 mortal wounds early and most heroes have 5 wounds.
The stone horn is brilliant for drawn out fights and tying up enemy units or hero killing.

The gargant did really well at killing hordes if you can get him in without taking damage. His usefulness drops off very quickly

The leadbelchers were useless in a pack of three and the points would have been better spent on forgers I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for the fast reply!

The following scenarios will be played:

• Take and Hold (General’s Handbook, page 110)
• Three Places of Power (General’s Handbook, page 114)
• Gifts from the Heavens (General’s Handbook, page 115)

Because these are all objective based I want to have multible units

I want to use the Gorgers for picking off a buffing Character or destoying bolttrowers these can be brutal against a Thundertusk

Regarding the Thundertusk and Stonehorn. I love both models and rules. Love the instant 6 mortal wounds of the Thundertusk but I also love the impact a Stonehorn has and the synergy it has with the Mournfang.

For three places of power, the thundertusk is brilliant at taking the centre area point as you can snipe either side with the shooting. That scenario requires you to cap the points with heroes, so really having 3+ is needed for a major victory. 

Gift from the heavens I find really hard, I always seem to have bad luck in the scenario.  

Stonehorn pretty much won take and hold for me by running a table edge and charging the opponents held objective. The stonehorns movement is fantastic as you can move in the hero phase with the destruction ability. Then run towards a unit you want to charge and then you are forced to charge if you are within 12" EVEN if you ran. Can make the threat range something like 28 inches. Plus mortal wounds on the charge :)

For my ogor bulls i gave them the ironfists for the mortal wounds returned on a 6 save. Really handy for helping them hold points.

Archived