How far can I stretch a starter box? Stormcast Eternals

I especially liked the way the base was done for the comet.  It was easy to cover in clay and press on my mold, so that the front bit matches the rest.  Unlike the easy-to-build Castigators I'm working on now, where I have to rely on paint to make the bases look like they match.

Wasn't too rough to go touch up the first batch Sequitors, and the second batch is done (will do some photos on the weekend).  I've decided to add a Knight-Azyros to the re-paint pile, as he matches nicely with what I've got going on.

Recap of what's finished (looks like it adds up to 1280 points, not counting the Gryph-hound who is really more of a mascot/Silver Tower piece):

• 5 Sequitors (2 shield, 2 greatmace, Prime with greatmace)
  • 5 Judicators (bows)
  • Lord Arcanum/Gryph-charger
  • Knight-Incantor
  • Lord Relictor
  • Knight-Heraldor
  • 2 Celestar Ballistas
  • 3 Castigators
  • 1 Gryph-hound
  • Dais Arcanum
  • Everblaze Comet

What's next on the block (another 380 points)

• 5 Evocators
  • 3 Castigators
  • Knight-Azyros (the once I built from a Prosecutor and some nice bits)

On the Horizon

• 5 or 10 Sequitors (using just Soul Wars parts means I can only get another 5 and still have enough greatmaces, so undecided if I'll do the other 5 shield ones as they won't see much/any table time)
  • Knight-Incantor #2
  • 6 Castigators
  • Lord Celestant on Dracoth
  • 5 Judicators
  • Maaaaybe the Celestant-Prime.  I'll at least be rebasing him to match, but he'll be a hog to repaint fully assembled.

Purchase Plans once all of this is done

• New box of Sequitors, to get some more greatmaces, and different sculpts.  Would love to run a normal battleline of 20 seq, 5 jud, 5 jud.
  • Box of Evocators

Edited by amysrevenge

• 4 weeks later...

Wow I'm terrible at taking photos.

Aaanyway.  that stuff from before (Castigators, Evocators, Azyros) are all finished.  The next batch is finished as well:  5 more Sequitors, 5 more Judicators, Celestant-Prime, and surprise addition - a converted Lord-Ordinator.

I went ahead and purchased a Sequitor box.  It gets me up to 20 with enough Greatmaces.  I built enough to do that (using leftover shield-dudes from Soul Wars to get the numbers).  I then used the leftover greatmace-Prime into a Lord-Ordinator.  I used a javelin-Prosecutor Prime arm to get the nice lion-head gauntlet, a Retributor mammer head for the grandhammer, and a Kharadron Overlord head because it's awesome.

So my last batch still to paint for my preferred tournament list is those 10 Sequitors.  I also have a bunch more Castigators I'll probably never paint (lol), a handful of excess Sequitors without great maces, another Incantor, and a Celestant/Dracoth that also probably won't see much gameplay so it's hard to motivate myself to paint it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

It's done.

I have more models, but they aren't getting painted until Stormcast Wave 3, whenever that comes for me (I already skipped out on Extremis and Vanguard, who knows if I'll skip over whatever release is next - probably whatever is in the starter box for AoS3 in a few years haha).

I even took a couple photos during gameplay on Saturday, mere hours after the last spray of dullcoat went on.  Boo, the first one is blurry, but that was my Scions deployed units.  Below that is the normally deployed units, and then a nice action shot of the good ol' Celestant Prime, just before he used his dice manipulating ability to stay alive on 1W and then delete the Brutes.  :)  I love thatlast  photo, you can see the Warchanter, then the Arcanum, then some Judicators way in the back.

20180915_152828.jpg.beae08c749689aac6d51a33675ad6215.jpg20180915_152821.jpg.13b2cfca5019bc13806b89a015150484.jpg20180915_171234.png.0b58450b722d5b8b841cdad2d220da11.png

• Like 5

• 1 year later...