Skaven 1.5k Verminus Clawpack Army Help

Tretch

@Tretch I have a thanquol boneripper. Although he's fun and decent, he costs too many points. You can do a lot more with 500 points that would be far more efficient. If like you said you just want to focus on having fun and using cool models, then go for it. I Love mine. But know that your army might get weaker with him. Just a warning. I think @Dez would agree about thanquol? I think I've heard him say the same in past. 

54 minutes ago, Dez said:

I have one too :) He is a great distraction piece. I think you could do something with him and Sayl and Deceiver. Leaves you high in threat low in points though.

Combo of Thanquol and a Deceiver won me my only victory at my first tournament. Skitterleaped Thanquol onto the enemies objective, collect points and explode all the things with warpfire.

Now granted, thats 820 points for two models and 25 wounds...but it was still a fun trick to pull.

On 4/2/2017 at 6:19 PM, Tretch said:

@Kramer I have to have at least 3 weapon teams for the Verminus Clawpack battlion. However I will beef up my Stormvermin. I only have 20 for now, so will plan to use this for 1.5

@Dez Oh it is filthy. 

Verminus Clawpack 80

Warlord 100

Tretch 100

Arch Warlock 140

20 Stormvermin 280

30 Clanrats 180

10 Clanrats 60

10 Clanrats 60

3 Warpfire Throwers 180

Stormfiends 300

I really wanted to take a full unit of 40 Clanrats. However, think how I have the numbers with the Stormvermin. Ive decided to cut 10 clanrats for an Arch Warlock because I think he'd be more valuable at 1.5k

I run something kind of similar.

Verminus Clawpack 80

Warlord 100

Chieftain with battle standard 140

20 Stormvermin 280

40 Clanrats 240

20 Clanrats 120

10 Clanrats 60

3 Warpfire Throwers 180

Verminlord Warbringer 300

Chieftain gives battle shock immunity bubble on top of the formations Gnaw Gnaw bubble. The Verminlord's death frenzy spell is awesome when combined with Gnaw Gnaw on stormvermin or the large brick of clan rats. 

100% Verminus alliance, and just 3 drops. I wish I could sub in my Warlord on a Brood Horror instead of the normal one, but it's keyword is actually Warlord on Broodhorror, instead of Warlord. I think sticklers would say it wouldn't count. 

• 2 weeks later...

Which version of the FAQ are you looking at? I think the answer above was superseded. V1.1 (current version on GW website) has the following updated (magenta) entry.

Q: How do you determine what models and units make up a warscroll battalion? When is it based on a keyword and when is it a unit name?

A: When a warscroll battalion is referring to a keyword, it appears in Keyword Bold. Otherwise, it is referring to the name of a unit.

When you read the composition of the Verminus Clawpack it states 1 Skaven Warlord (not in bold) and is therefore referring to the unit/warscroll. This prevents the use of Tretch and other named Warlords being used as part of the battalion.

37 minutes ago, Ratkaster said:

Which version of the FAQ are you looking at? I think the answer above was superseded. V1.1 (current version on GW website) has the following updated (magenta) entry.

Q: How do you determine what models and units make up a warscroll battalion? When is it based on a keyword and when is it a unit name?

A: When a warscroll battalion is referring to a keyword, it appears in Keyword Bold. Otherwise, it is referring to the name of a unit.

When you read the composition of the Verminus Clawpack it states 1 Skaven Warlord (not in bold) and is therefore referring to the unit/warscroll. This prevents the use of Tretch and other named Warlords being used as part of the battalion.

That's how I've always read it as. The keywords have a distinct bolder font format to differ them from standard unit names.

2 hours ago, Dez said:

The reason I don't take Tretch as the Warlord for VS is so I can take an extra Crown of Command for Inspiring Presence.

Take a chieftain with a battle standard. That way you can get a similar effect in a bubble. 

35 minutes ago, bonzai said:

Take a chieftain with a battle standard. That way you can get a similar effect in a bubble. 

Yes but if I recall he doesn't have the WARLORD keyword or very good stats in case he gets in trouble or for 3 Places of Power.

The best part about the VC is the second command ability by the warlord for the Stormvermin, Tretch would be a waste really. You can always make him your regular general at the cost of a command trait but personally I find the warbringer is probably the best option if you're running a Verminus 

i always use the Deceiver as my general but I don't run VC, was seeing if I could take Snikch as the assassin for the Clawpack 

Played Sylvaneth at 1500 points tonight and won. We played 3 points of power.

MVP of the match was the 20 Stormvermin. Used the Verminus Clawpack, so they got that extra attack and now -2 rend.
OOOOOHHHHH DEAR LORD, they kicked some butt. 

I also used 40 man suqad of clanrats. They were clumsy to manouvre, but were able to wipe out those driads easily.

Arch Warlock was useful to Mystic Shield the Stormvermin and add a bit of Mortal Wound pressure on her Heroes.

Weapon teams didnt do much, however they do scare your opponent.

Archived