Skaven 1.5k Verminus Clawpack Army Help

Tretch

Hello gang,

Got my second proper game next week against a guy I beat last week. I played his Devoted of Sigmar at 1k. Really good fun. I've been thinking of my next army list to crush what he may bring up against me. However I have a spare 100 points that I don't know what to do with. If you could check my list and see if there are any holes in my list.

Verminus Clawpack 80

Tretch Craventail 100

Skaven Warlord 100

Crown of conquest

Arch-Warlock 140

Crown of conquest

Clanrats x10 60

Swords

Clanrats x10 60

Swords

Clanrats x40 240

Spears

Stormvermin x10 140

Warpfire thrower team x3 180

Stormfiends 300

Warpfire thrower + Doom flayer + Drill/Ratling

That's 1400 in total. I'm thinking a Plague Priest or some night runners to make up the last 100 points. Maybe there is something else I should use. What do you think?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I think I would drop a warpfire and instead take 10 stormvermin. A smart opponent will kill one+ for the bonus but they do get better when they outnumber your opponent. Personally try to use them in 30 rat squads if points allow.  

Man that looks like a list I would run :) I ran one very similar in a tournament yesterday.

I agree, beef up the Stormvermin. While people were scared of my WLC and Stormfiends, my Stormvermin did the work. They are vile with Tretch and Vermin must Clawpack.

#onlythefilthful

@Kramer I have to have at least 3 weapon teams for the Verminus Clawpack battlion. However I will beef up my Stormvermin. I only have 20 for now, so will plan to use this for 1.5

@Dez Oh it is filthy. 

Verminus Clawpack 80

Warlord 100

Tretch 100

Arch Warlock 140

20 Stormvermin 280

30 Clanrats 180

10 Clanrats 60

10 Clanrats 60

3 Warpfire Throwers 180

Stormfiends 300

I really wanted to take a full unit of 40 Clanrats. However, think how I have the numbers with the Stormvermin. Ive decided to cut 10 clanrats for an Arch Warlock because I think he'd be more valuable at 1.5k

My list from Saturday's Tournament:

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Arch Warlock (140)
- General
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Packmaster Skweel Gnawtooth (100)
- General
Tretch Craventail (100)
- General
Skaven Warlord (100)
- General
- Warpforged Blade
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest

Battleline
40 Clan Rats with Spears/Full Command

10 Clan Rats with Swords/Full Command

10 Clan Rats with Swords/Full Command

30 Stormvermin Shields/Full Command

Warpfire Thrower

Ratling Gun

Ratling Gun

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
- General

Battalions
Verminus Clawpack (80)

Total: 2000/2000

@Dez Your list looks great.
How do you find the ratling guns compared to the warpfire thrower? I'm running all three warpfire throwers because I have those models. I know less flexibility, however I like their reliability

@Dez Was just looking at the FAQ and got distracted. 

Q: When selecting models for a warscroll battalion, do named characters count towards ther requirements? For example, in order to trake a Great Mooncaln, I need to take a Night Goblin Warboss. Does Skarsnik fulfill this requirements as he has the 'Night Goblin Warboss' keyword?

A: Yes, they can be taken if they have appropriate keywords on their warscroll. Thus Skarsnik can be used as the Night Goblin Warboss of a Great Moonclan.

So does this mean I could take Tretch Craventrail as part of the Verminus Clawpack because he has the Warlord keyword? This means he could use 'Gnash Gnaw on their Bones', and 'Hack Hack Slash Slash' too?

So, Tretch as the general, Warlord with the Crown, throw in the Verminus Clawpack. I haven't taken a named character as a General before, am I correct in thinking that you still get the Chaos allegiance ability but no additional command trail for Tretch?

Tonight my list got banged by some orruk savage arrer boyz.

We played escalation (which was really NOT fun for a beginner), and although I did ok at the start with my varied unit options, his boyz were too much for everything I had to offer.

He killed pretty much a whole unit of Stormvermin in one round (30 boyz shooting 3 shots each, twice!?), after killing my Arch Warlock in one round too.

My 30 Clanrats got the most damage done, killing a unit of maniak boyz, however never packed a punch when it was time to fight the arrer boyz.

Stormfiends tunnelled behind enemy lines and really distracted his savage melee boyz from advancing on the objective. In the end the Stormfiends flopped in combat and got banged (Warp Fire Thrower/Doom Flayer Gauntlets/Grinderfists).

I leant a good lesson today. Those ****** armies (and players), whose one and only objective is to win, is the least coolest thing EVAAAR. I am a n00b, and I should focus more on HAVING FUN, using the coolest models, and taking a win sometimes.

I look forward to sharing my experiences at becoming a better commander. I think I remembered most of my army's rules (which I was impressed with), but I really need to start remembering to use the chaos allegiance ability. Also placing units down could have been improved on my part.

Shout outs to@Dez for dropping bombs of knowledge. I am@Tretch, so I'm going to work on Verminus armies that use him as the general. I have a Warp Lightning Cannon and a Screaming Bell to implement into my army. I'd also love to get Thanquol and Boneripper [emoji7]

This Skaven Army is just getting started!

Clan Craventail?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Tretch said:

I leant a good lesson today. Those ****** armies (and players), whose one and only objective is to win, is the least coolest thing EVAAAR. I am a n00b, and I should focus more on HAVING FUN, using the coolest models, and taking a win sometimes.

Different people play for different reasons and with different goals in mind.  I don't mind a competitive game, and I'll run a competitive list against someone who also wants to do that.  On the other hand I enjoy just fun throw down games too with lighter lists.  I find most my games fall somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.  If your local gaming community is very competitive you may have to adjust a bit in accordance if you want to get more games in, but it's also worth talking to people you play with - let them know what you like about the game and what you want out of it.  Don't bash them for their style of play and hopefully they won't bash you for yours.  Communicate with your community.

We are working on creating some diversity, because while we are a bunch of good people and want everyone to have a great game...we play hard. Smiling and laughing even while we are being trounced, and learning. Oh yes, the learning! The important thing though, is instead of just playing random pickup games every week we are dispersing it with Narrative Campaigns! Yes, the fluffy games are so much fun too!

Glad you had a good learning experience. While that Arch Warlock is tough, you always want to remember the core Skaven ethos: Lead from the Back :)

Archived