Nurgle

murf369

36 minutes ago, murf369 said:

What do we all think about blightkings . And are plague drones worth the points. Many thanks

Both are situationally appropriate.  That said, I'm not sure I would use Plague Drones outside of either a Tallyband or a mixed Nurgle list with stacking bonuses to wound (from Plague Priests).

Plague Drones are a bit over-costed.  That being said, they are one of the few things in Nurgle that I've found can do some serious damage (but only when supported).  I run a unit of 6 Plague Drones, a Deamon Prince (for the locus ability), and a chaos sorcerer lord for demonic power on the Drones.  Add to that, Lord of War and they pump out an awsome amount of damage (including shooting).  That is a TON of points though.

As just a unit of three running around by themselves I've always found them disappointing and over-priced.

I dig the Blightkings backed up by a Harbinger for the 5++, and then the chance to heal.  Its especially handy if you have mulitple units next to eachother, each giving eachother and themselves the 6+ chance for d3 healing from Virulent Discharge.

If you have the +1 To Hit vs Order, or the +1 To Hit to one unit within 6", that makes their Blighted Weapons thing go off on a 5+.  If you also manage to roll a 6 for Unpredictable Destruction (you never will, believe me!), then you'd be popping d6 Hits on 4+.

But, they are pretty damn slow and no rend.

Can't have it all, I guess!  We aren't Sylvaneth! :P

Archived