Jump to content
  • 0

Celestant prime - joyous host


Thor

Question

Hello  internet. Ive been  looking  to utilise  the celestant prime in the New meta batallions, looking at the celestial warbringers a question  Came up. 

Can you use the celestant  prime ability  ( orrey  of celestial fates)

With the celestial warbringers ability  ( joyous  host) to change the die to a 6 and pile in and attack  again  ?

Orrey  reads: once  per turn you can change one dice for the celestant prime to a roll of Your choice.

Joyous  host reads: if  a celestial warbringers  unit  slays an enemy  unit in the combat  phase  and  theres  another  enemy  unit within  3 roll a dice, on a roll of a 6 the celestial warbringer unit may  immediatly  pile in and attack it with one of it's weapons.

 

 Thoughts  ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

I would say that you can't use it sadly.

The exact wording for joyous host says, "If a Celestial Warbringers unit slays an enemy unit in the combat phase, and there is another enemy unit within 3", roll a dice. On a roll of 6 the Celestial Warbringers unit may immediately pile in again and attack with one of their melee weapons."

The "roll a dice" part of the first sentence seems to just be a resulting action if the requirements mentioned are met. It does not, imo, read that the unit is rolling the dice and so couldn't be affected by the Prime's ability. However for how situational it will likely happen I would say go for it :P

 

As an additional point for my own understanding (as I am looking at using this formation at some points), are you asking for larger games (over 2k) or for open play purposes as you can't get the Prime in this formation in matched play games of 2000 pts or less?

Jon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Jontypython said:

As an additional point for my own understanding (as I am looking at using this formation at some points), are you asking for larger games (over 2k) or for open play purposes as you can't get the Prime in this formation in matched play games of 2000 pts or less?

Jon

Its like 760 pts for the full formation (depending on heroes taken). The 6 heroes, lords of the storm formation, warbringers chamber formation.

From then on you can take anything and it counts as being within the warbringers formation.

No other restrictions bar 3 x vanguard wing if you want the super bonuses.

The super bonuses are what requires over 2000 in pretty much all cases (I haven't counted but they have a lot of requirements usually).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Thoughts exactly. However. One Could make the argument  That they  orrey  refers to a dice  roll  originating  from  the prime. And the battallion being  a different  source  for the roll. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is of course for at 2.5k game 

In alle regards you replace  the Word celestial warbringer with celestant  prime as in this instance  He is one.  My confusion is centered  around the " change a roll for the celestant prime" as this  is quite loose. 

Could  it be used to affect  the roll  for lifebloom  etc?  My understanding  of the battallion  rules is  That  the abilities  gained  from them might aswell be added on  the warscroll for the  unit  in question. In this instance  it seems  fair for the prime  to use his  orrey.  More Thoughts  ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Turragor said:

Its like 760 pts for the full formation (depending on heroes taken). The 6 heroes, lords of the storm formation, warbringers chamber formation.

From then on you can take anything and it counts as being within the warbringers formation.

No other restrictions bar 3 x vanguard wing if you want the super bonuses.

The super bonuses are what requires over 2000 in pretty much all cases (I haven't counted but they have a lot of requirements usually).

But in matched play at 2000 pts you can only have a max 6 heroes/characters... The lords of the storm requires you to take 6 from the available selections, which don't include a Prime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jontypython said:

But in matched play at 2000 pts you can only have a max 6 heroes/characters... The lords of the storm requires you to take 6 from the available selections, which don't include a Prime.

This is correct yes! I missed you mentioning adding the prime specifically.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...