Incoming Ironjawz player, question thread

Soul oWar

Thanks for your input.

Question on the maw krusha: which set of weapon for the megaboss?

one set of weapon is 7 attacks @ +3 / +3 / half @ -1 / doing (3@2, 4@1)

The other set does 4 @ +3 / +3 / -1 / 2 and 1 @ +4 / +3 / -2 doing D3

I so far used the Maw-Krusha more as a pincer than as teh main threath, forcusing my support to my group of 10brutes w/general (warchanter, bellowing fury, mystic shield). So I find the damage of the megaboss himself lackluster. Been using the second set with just the 5 attack.

2 minutes ago, Dramis4 said:

Question about destruction. I watched a game the other day, and a unit of 6 goregruntas charged a small unit of justicars, killed them, then got to make a d6" charge, in the same turn. He said it was a destruction rule, but I can't find it. Any help?

Never heard of this, unless there is battallion that I am unaware it isn't true.

Ravager command trait means that all units 6" from your general when they roll for their destruction trait in the hero phase go d6+2" 

ironfits formation (ironjawz book) as long as assigned boss is alive (either a brute or goregruntas champ) then all units in the formation can move d6" in hero phase 

this then gives you the 2" + D6 + D6 inches (or 9" if you like averages) it's what makes goregruntas reasonable as that's an average of 18" move before they charge :-)

11 hours ago, Soul oWar said:

Thanks, been using bellowing tyrant. Just to be sure , an unint of 10 brutes with the boss as General, can select is own unit for bellowing tyrant?

Yes. It's pretty much one of the main strengths of the list tbh. However it is widely expected that in the GH2, you will need a Leader to be your General.

@Soul oWar - I prefer the Choppa and Rip-tooth Fist for my Cabbage Megaboss.

I've not heard of that bonus Gore-grunta charge!

13 hours ago, Sangfroid said:

Ravager command trait means that all units 6" from your general when they roll for their destruction trait in the hero phase go d6+2" 

Where's that within 6" from your general from? Did I miss anything?

56 minutes ago, Naishy said:

I believe that it is in the FAQ for the General's Handbook

I had already checked (both the GHB and the Destruction FAQs), and there's nothing in there to that effect. The closest to it there is remains ambiguous and is the very last answer :

They apply to the general and units that are within the range of the battle trait, measured from the general.

Since there is no range on Rampager, does it apply only to the general, or to the full army?

1 hour ago, Soul oWar said:

So past GH2 if we can't select or megabrutes, I guess the brutes will have a warchanter and general megaboss following it around to buff them to oblivion and make them reroll all those miss hit.

The problem here is that those Leaders will die really quickly if people want to kill them, especially in a meta dominated by heavy shooting. Even the Megaboss with his 7 wounds, 3+ save (and potential 4+ vs mortal wounds) won't last long. I do fear it will spell the end of the Megabrutes. But then again, we don't know what else is going to be in there yet!

Anyway, it's a problem for tomorrow. We can start looking at work arounds as we practice SCGT lists, but really between me and @Sangfroid I think we've played every Ironjawz list possible!! It'll be about adapting to the unique battleplans and in the first instance I'll try out my regular tweaked Masters build.

Sorry, drifting off topic here!

This is the text from the FAQ if you are still looking:

Q: Several of the command traits on the allegiance tables modify the effect of a battle trait – for example, Ruler of the Night adds 1 to the dice roll for the Deathless Minions battle trait. Which models do these modifications apply to? A: They apply to the general and units that are within the range of the battle trait, measured from the general. So, in your example, the bonus for Ruler of the Night would apply to the general, and friendly units within 10" of the general.

In the case of Ironjawz (Or Destruction in general) you need to be within 6" of a character to benefit from the destruction move and therefore within 6" of the Warlord to benefit from his Warlord trait Ravager.

Has anyone ever tried out a double maw-krusha build.  I keep toying with a double krusha gorefist combo for an ultimate T1 Alpha Strike list.  I cannot convince myself it would be very effective but it would be hilarious to see your opponents face as you stomp face in turn 1.

21 hours ago, Soul oWar said:

Question on the maw krusha: which set of weapon for the megaboss?

one set of weapon is 7 attacks @ +3 / +3 / half @ -1 / doing (3@2, 4@1)

The other set does 4 @ +3 / +3 / -1 / 2 and 1 @ +4 / +3 / -2 doing D3

Am currently on my cell so I'll post my calculations later, but it seems that unless your opponent has no armor save, the Choppa&Fist combo is the best option...

Edit: Every combination of Armor save and Hit/Wound modifiers I checked resulted in option 2 netting more wounds except when the target has no save at all to begin with

Hi was reading gauche 16 blog. and I saw that in his first turn he used Inspired Presence and Bellowing Tyrant. I always thought that you could use only one command ability.

Also it was brought up to me yesterday by one of the local player, that if I use Ironjawz allegiance the rules don't alloy me to use Destruction, artefact and trait... is that true?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Soul oWar said:

Hi was reading gauche 16 blog. and I saw that in his first turn he used Inspired Presence and Bellowing Tyrant. I always thought that you could use only one command ability.

Also it was brought up to me yesterday by one of the local player, that if I use Ironjawz allegiance the rules don't alloy me to use Destruction, artefact and trait... is that true?

Thanks

Hey @Soul oWar,

Inspiring Presence is a Command Ability - you are correct you can only use one of these. However Bellowing Tyrant is a Command Trait, something different entirely. You can (and should!) use both :) 

As for your second question, the FAQ that came out straight after the GH release fortunately clarified this for us. There was some concern early doors that this may be true (as it does read that way IMO), but yeh, it was clarified. I'm at work and don't wanna go fishing around for FAQs, you'll have to take my word for this! B|

Long story short; you 100% can use Destruction Traits and Artefacts if using Ironjawz Allegiance.

@Soul oWar - The problem is that unfortunately neither Ironjawz nor Beastclaw Raiders have any generic Destruction Battleline options. I think there is some nice mixing to be done between the factions, however in order to do so you will need to get your hands on one of the four(!) generic Battleline options we have;

Ogors - Solid, 4 wound, 2 damage, small footprint.
Grots - Both varieties (Gitmob and Moonclan) have their uses and synergies. Good wound to point ratio. Good for covering board space, poor bravery.
Savage Orruks - Good wound to point ratio. Also nice synergies if you further the Bonesplitterz theme.
Orruks - Overpointed. Poor option. Note: can take archers, unlike the Savage Orruks which are on a different warscroll.

Sorry, rushed. Lunchtime! The Megaboss has to eat (and maybe a cheeky pint)!!

Archived