Defeating Shooting with FEC?

thommo21

you have a lot of warscroll battalion who maximize the movement... it should not be a problem.  

you don't necessarily need covers, saves.. you are playing undead, not so problematic. Moreover you xam summon qiote a bit of things

I never had such problems. Maybe cause I play quite big and solid heroes and the small ones are rarely visible.

Anyway the solutions are: mass, speed and pressing.

It's not to have unit who does both at the same time, but conditions to apply to the field.

But it's useless to give a guide cause it would not count the scenarions and the scenics who change quite a bit the decisions, as the opponent army.

It's different to meet against heavy heawon,s mass firing or a mix of them.

6 hours ago, Ruben said:

How many units of juds are you up against? I fielded a knight venator and a judicator vs. 60 ghouls today, I got tabled...

the stormcast I know play more firing... anyway 60 ghouls are not much. Maybe it's cause I'm always under the "lord of night" general trait but I suffer much less losses. And I have also many more models than you.

With ndead I've never be tabled till now. Maybeyou've wronged some movements, or maybe the dice favoured your opponenet. Surely you have to adapt to your opponent. IE using the cloaks to enae fast the firing units of your opponent, or summon at swarms near them, or enage and usiing the cursed book to deplete their both firing and combat abilities. 

You have also two artifact usong thw ghoul pateol, so you should be able to press the opponent. 

1 hour ago, Ruben said:

I think you misunderstand. I'm saying I played stormcast vs. 60 ghouls, and I got tabled, hard. Necromancer's spell + ghoul king's spell is nasty.

sorry, I totally misunderstood^^ Necromancer spell doesn't work on ghouls... ghouls doesn't have sleleton, mordant or zombie keywords

Imho shooting hasn't bothered me personally but I run Ghoul King on Foot, and I like to try and tuck him out of the way, Ruler of the Night command trait for the 5+ ignoring wounds, and I run around with -alot- of Horrors. If they want to keep their shooting WAY back, why not try Ghoul Patrol to flank them? If they're far back enough but allow you to get in on the board edge you can always throw 3 units of ghouls at them to hold them till your big dudes get there :)

24 minutes ago, deynon said:

sorry, I totally misunderstood^^ Necromancer spell doesn't work on ghouls... ghouls doesn't have sleleton, mordant or zombie keywords

Eh, ghouls have the MORDANT keyword so they're affected.

22 hours ago, thommo21 said:

Guys please help me .. i have a FEC army and i recently been playing a Stormcast army with bows for days... how do i save my army before they r shot to death... im unsure how cover and saves work ... SHOOTING SUCKS

So how do i hide my heroes?? Do i get saves hiding them behind my own units as well?? 

1 hour ago, thommo21 said:

So how do i hide my heroes?? Do i get saves hiding them behind my own units as well?? 

There are differemt ways:
Ring of immorality

Taking them in the rear so to be out of the range

out of light usong bigger size models unit so that they can cover it

using scenics to clver it

simply giving them multiple and high protectons

there are a lot of ways, but they have to fit own army, opponent army, field, mission and that time situation.

For example it's rare to be in range with opponent rane weapons the first turn, so even giiong them the first turn is possible to avoid the most part of it, then healing and risk the two rounds on own favour. And preent the opponent to do it. Or you can have high mpbility so that you can preventthe opponentto fire with some units or force hem to be more back to their borders and so you gain less firing towards you using threats

Just now, WillofNagash said:

Ghouls have mordant key word.

i found later, late night bring nice suggestions, too late night bring big mishapes^^

To be honest where the meta has gone, I think it's very difficult to play a FEC army against an army that's concentrating on shooting. 

Anything with 24" range is going to be able to get at you first turn and there seems to be very little way to screen characters. Especially with GW's predilection for making them stand on rocks, or rear up on horses etc.

You could think about including a wight king with banner for the extra save, but honestly he'll just get sniped as well.

In a mixed list you have a chance with the movement shenanigans - in an army that's concentrating on shooting you can basically forget it

1 hour ago, TerrorPenguin said:

To be honest where the meta has gone, I think it's very difficult to play a FEC army against an army that's concentrating on shooting. 

Anything with 24" range is going to be able to get at you first turn and there seems to be very little way to screen characters. Especially with GW's predilection for making them stand on rocks, or rear up on horses etc.

You could think about including a wight king with banner for the extra save, but honestly he'll just get sniped as well.

In a mixed list you have a chance with the movement shenanigans - in an army that's concentrating on shooting you can basically forget it

You know who can choose the begin. 

And you can know how to avoid the first turn of shooting.

The WK with sendard can have 18" range and need only to touch a model of the unit to give the "save" to it, so it's not so difficult to gain the save.

The FEC has a lot of warscroll battalion to make the units sprint, so I don't see FEC as a slow army or with poor options, Simply you have to choose.

And the mist's cloak are avalaible for each Death Hero.

And you can summon units that can be in range of assault.

Archived