Damon's WIP

Hello everybody!

I'm a noob Painter, so every feedback is very welcome :) In this topic I'll post my WIP. Probably won't be updated very often as my painting time is not that much and I'm kind of slow, but I'd like to share my progress with you!

Also, pictures won't be good most of the time as I'm taking them with my smartphone, and light and background on my painting table are not so good.. sorry about that, will try to improve this side quickly.

So here's my current project: Winged Vampire Lord 

Spoiler

IMG-20160509-WA0000.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20160509-WA0004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Things look like they're going great! For a noob painter, that Vampire is really well done! I agree it could probably be highlighted a bit, and adding a bit of purple...maybe even just a touch of wash in the shadows would go a long way.

Thank you guys.

While I wait for the wash to dry on hexwraiths, I tryied to add some purple to the wings as you suggested. Here's the results. Sorry for the picture, can`t find a good light here.. will try to make a better shot this weekend.

vampire.jpg

It really does indeed!

That's why I keep posting :-) constructive criticism is always appreciated, and helps getting better and better.

I would also say, once and for all, thanks to anyone who uses his time in helping (noob) painters like me! This attitude allows many people to approach this hobby, and makes them feel part of a community :D

Thanks!

Yesterday I primed the riders. Will follow your advise and paint them first.

While I was waiting for them to be ready, I managed to do a bit of work on the ghosts - I'm also doing a small video tutorial for my club; it will be more to explain the difference between base/layer/shade than a real painting tutorial, but I hope will be helpful for them :)  

It is going to be in Italian, so I won't be able to share it eheh

SpiritHost.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

WOW it has been a while since lust update..

And I did not really moved forward... I have a bad picture of the finished HexWraiths (just waiting for the bases to dry), and still a WIP of the chaos knights which I count to finish this week - the horses at least.

For the HexWraiths I followed your advises on the flames and the robe, using Pallid Witch flesh to highlight the robe, but not the white as I'm still not comfortable with edge highlight.

HexFinite.jpg

ChaosHorse.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow it's been almost a month since my last update, and I haven't done much to be honest!

But well, I moved back in the same house with my wife finally, so my hobby time has shrunk

Anyway here's a WIP of the wrathmongers, sorry for the bad picture but at this point you should be used to ;)ARtESqk.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived