Tzeentch 1500pts

Slave2Chaos

I have an upcoming tournament and I'm considering the following ....

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Incorporeal Form - Tzeentch Daemon Hero
- Artefact: Phantasmal Weapons  
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
20 x Tzaangors (360)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)

Total: 1480/1500

Appreciate any and all input.

good gaming gents!

Hey there! This list looks good, I'm actually trying it myself tomorrow, but with a slight twist:

- 20 tzaangors are vulnerable to battleshock, therefore planning to use 3 exalted flamers instead;

- Gaunt summoner with familliars is 20 pts extra, but provides nice boost;

- Since skyfires are daemons - really recommend to use Fold reality spell on either shaman or gaunt summoner;

I mostly don't know what I'm doing, but...

I"m not sure I'd run the 20 Tzaangor with an LoC.  For myself I generally plan to either run one or the other.  If I run the Tzaangor I take a hero who I don't care about their Command Ability and so can do Inspiring Presence on the Tzaangor.

Just something to consider!  I have a similar tournament soon but I won't be able to take the blue boys out, too much painting!

Do let us know what you do and how it works!

Hi,

You have 2 spells under the Shaman and Gaunt Summoner, are you allowed to pick two new spells? I read it as you can pick an additional spell to go with the spell on the warscroll?

So the Shaman would have Boon of Mutation + plus 1 additional spell. 

If you are using the bond spell, try using it with the mystic shield and shield of Fate to give the caster +1 save, re-roll 1,2 & 3's, then pass on the failed saves to a large unit of brimstones. This only works on Mortal or Arcanite Wizards, the Ogriod is a good choice.

I really want to use Tzaangors so perhaps this is a better option. I get one more artifact due to the battalion. Not 100% sure which would work best.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- General
- Trait: Boundless Mutation - Tzeentch Arcanite Hero
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield 
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (120)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm

Battleline
20 x Tzaangors (360)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (40)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1500/2000

1 hour ago, Brimstone said:

Hi,

You have 2 spells under the Shaman and Gaunt Summoner, are you allowed to pick two new spells? I read it as you can pick an additional spell to go with the spell on the warscroll?

So this is somewhat a point of contention. 

Under each lore section it says "Each Daemon Wizard knows an additional spell from the Lore of Change" and "Each Arcanite/Mortal Wizard knows an additional spell from the Lore of Fate".

What if they qualify as both? Do they get both?

The Lets chat DoT thread has people vying on each side of the argument. Until the official FAQ says otherwise I'm leaning towards the they get both group but time will tell.

Sounds too good to be true so I usually assume its not going to work like that.

If we were playing Stormcast I'd assume we do get both *grumble grumble lightning boys*

I'd maybe check with the TO if you can.  Its certainly something you'd want to know for sure ahead of time so you can plan for it.  If any of your opponents know its a point of contention they may call you on it?

That looks like a more Tzaangorcentric list if that's what you wanted to go with.  I'd keep the Ogroid with the Tzaangor, since they only need an Arcanite Hero.  Just try not to get the Shaman too far away to try and get some Boon off a few times!.  I think that looks like you may have an easier time keeping models on the board.  Just trying to point out the things I noticed in playing the few games I have.  :D Goodluck!

This will be my first real showing with Disciples of Tzeentch. I've played a few 1k and random open play friendlies but nothing "serious". Im looking forward to it.

I have a practice game tonight, I'll report back with how it goes. Leaning towards the second list but i just put together that LoC ....

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Incorporeal Form - Tzeentch Daemon Hero
- Artefact: Phantasmal Weapons  
Tzaangor Shaman (120)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140) -Fold Reality
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140) -Arcane Transmutation
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10- x Blue Horrors (50)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened On Disc (160)

Battalion

Tzangor Coven (40)
Total: 1470/1500

Alright here's the new list.

You get to use LOC to cast Infernal /gateway & Bolt of Change. Pinks focus on  arcane bolt & mystic shielding tzangor blob.

March Tzangors forward with the Enlightened ready to flank around or get objectives. Try to keep both Elite Tzangors nearby for the battallaton bonuses. Shaman can use his spell in mid game to regenerate Enlightened/Skyfires/Tzangors.  LOC keeps inspiring presence on Tzangor, unless you really aren't worried about it and you want spells (also if your enemy can't pump much into them, you can just use a 1 or 2 Destiny Dice on battleshock).

Horrors sit on objective or screen LOC as he walks around and chooses a target for his sword, or simply helps by poking in at the edge of a fight.

So I ended up going with the first list primarily due to wanting to field my newly assembled big bird.

Faced off against a free people gun line. 2 cannons, hurricanum, loads of handgunners, a general that had random command abilities, and a warrior priest.

Played the comet mission

I will start off by saying I was extremely lucky with where the comets fell, and that I believe that is what lead to me doing as well as i did.

His comet fell on his weak side / my strong side.  My comet fell in the center.

My 20 Tzaangor mowed through 60 handgunners in total and were boss. The first round they were being hit on 2s and they only managed to kill 2 of my birdmen.

The shaman synergy was ace and even replaced a couple tzaangors over the course of the game.

10 of the horrors sat back and help my objective and didn't really contribute.

The Gaunt summoner hung with the horrors and his only job was adding a destiny die to the pool each round.

The other 10 horrorswent up the mid field being annoying and plinked a few wounds off the hurricannum. Using 1's from my destiny dice was priceless.

The speed and accuracy of my skyfires allowed me to be on his objective from the get go, forcing him to shift his gunline to try and provide an answer. to which my tzaangor run and charge ended up preventing. They also used the destiny dice to snipe out his warrior priest and kill a cannon.

The big bird felt slightly underwhelming. I never ran him up for fear of the cannons, basically hiding him the first 2 rounds and throwing inspiring presence on the tzaangors and plugging some mortal wounds as he could.

won 16 to 2. With him giving up on turn 4 (i think)

All in all a good game, still the age old stigma of gun lines being rather hit or miss / annoying to play against.

My opponent seemed to decide the same and was asking around the club for ideas for a better tourney list come April.

Archived