My Sylvaneth Scheme Prototype, Advice

Pandi

Trying a scheme with my Sylvaneth. This is the prototype. The idea behind this is this is a Rogue Grove that has sprouted off seperately from everyone else has and has flourished in caverns. The idea is bioluminescence, glowy gems, and mushrooms.

I'll probably paint these guys in combinations of Red, Green, and Blue so the units will be a mix of these colors. 

Let me know what you guys think. If you have any ideas to help this, I would love it!

dryad.jpg

Not much to add, it looks great. Animals dwelling in caves often lose most or all their colours, becoming pale or even translucent. That would be a bit boring on a model but I would avoid very dark colour as on the 'skirt'.

I do like the colours and the glow of the crystal is really nice.

Looks amazing, very original and the OSL effect is just sublime!

The only suggestion I would make is to add a dark eyeliner effect around the eyes to make them stand out more. I'd recommend painting the eye socket with nuln oil before you do the green, so there's a bit more definition to the features. 

Of course if you want to go for a blind cave-dweller look instead then feel free to disregard my advice xD

Really cool idea, and I always like the OSL effect. You might consider giving a bit of the gem's glow to the Dryad's leg area; just to show off the OSL more. It would also look cool for the branches coming off the head and back to remain dark, but the leaves to sort of being a glowing fungus with their own OSL on the branches. You've certainly given me some new ideas!

Great idea, the gem on the base really fits with the theme. I personally an not a big fan of that green with te blue, I would prefer some more contrast. Something like the red of the gem or a more orange color would create a nice complementary contrast.

also, check out pics of real animals and plants that are fluorescent or take a look at concept art for avatar or that glowing mushroom planeet that was in StarWars ep3

Archived