20 x Bloodletters (200)

20 x Bloodletters (200)

20 x Bloodletters (200)

10 x Flesh Hounds (200)

10 x Flesh Hounds (200)

3 x Bloodcrushers (160)

Blood Host of Khorne (120)

Total: 2000/2000

So the idea was to use the Bloodthirsters for the Blood Host's active. And if I keep the Bloodletters by the Heralds I can trigger back to back attacks with the Herald's The Blood Must Flow ability. And I can also use the Lord of War Command Trait/Unpredictable Destruction/Murderous Tide to allow the Bloodletter packs to pop off more Mortal Wounds than normal. It seems like all these combined will give me a pretty decent advantage as it pertains to the combat phase.

The Flesh Hounds and Bloodcrushers can be used for screening my important units and grabbing objectives. I could switch the CT and Artefacts around a bit to fill in some defence if needed, but otherwise I think I have enough threats on the board to do well if my positioning is on point.

What do you guys think about this list? What changes would you make? I question if I should run 3x20 Bloodletters or 2x30. I feel like the Bloodthirsters will be enough of a threat that I could run the 3x20 and they won't get blasted down below 20 right away so they'll keep their Murderous Tide ability, but the packs of 30 would be more consistent on that front. IDK. And on a side note, this is a Mono-Khorne Daemons army, so no Sayl or Secrator shenanigans.

Anyways, thanks in advance guys.

I too run a Khorne daemon army and I have had good success with the blood host of Khorne formation. The problem I find with it however is often by the time it gets to my hero phase the enemy unit is dead or my unit is dead. It is essential for bloodthirsters to get the first swing since they're so squishy but the other units in the battalion I try and grab the obj and let the enemy units charge me so I can get the full benefit of the blood host. 

That being said the list looks good however I would drop the bloodcrushers or drop a unit so you can take a unit of 6. Units of three seem underwhelming.

Not sure if you need the double herald since your bloodthirsters will proc the locus abilities

just my 2 cents

The fact you have 3 x 20 and blood thirster is good, target saturation, they can't shoot everything,  something is going to get there at full life and punish them for allowing it.

It might be a consideration to put the ward on one of the thirsters, at least then you have one which is tanky 

Thanks for the advice, guys.

[mention=3643]Tubs[/mention]

My thought process on the Heralds and Crushers are as follows. I want to try a Herald, Herald, Bloodletter combo in the combat phase. To allow all three to chain back to back attacks because of the Heralds TBMF ability is something I've always wanted to try and see how consistent/effective it is.

As for the Bloodcrushers, they're one of my favorite models in the game so I've tried to cram them into any Khorne list I make. Practically speaking, I only plan on them being a high movement roadblock to screen for my more important units. With the very minimum chance that they can threaten a solo enemy squishy hero that is out of position.

Those being said, I can trade out both Heralds and add another three Crushers, or take them all out and have 320 points to play with. I'm not sure if another Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage or the extra Bloodcrushers would be more useful. The Thirster would bring better target saturation and a chance to have all three Thirsters for the Blood Host's ability, but the Crushers would bring a mobile, high wound unit onto the table that can really mess with the opponent's battleshock phase if you pick your targets well. Tough choices.

[mention=734]Arkiham[/mention]

I think running the Talisman on the General is sound advice. I'll definitely be trying it out.

Edit: So here's the updated list. I'll be trying both to see what one gives me the best results. I worry about both my Thirsters dying and me not having anyone to activate Locis, but maybe that won't have as large of an impact as I'm worried about. I could always drop a unit of Hounds down to 5 and bring a Herald on Juggernaut if that's an issue with the second list.

Leaders

Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (280)

- General

- Trait: Lord of War

- Artefact: Chaos Talisman

Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (280)

- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Battleline

20 x Bloodletters (200)

20 x Bloodletters (200)

20 x Bloodletters (200)

10 x Flesh Hounds (200)

10 x Flesh Hounds (200)

6 x Bloodcrushers (320)

Battalions

Blood Host of Khorne (120)

Total: 2000/2000

Running demons in units of 20 is not optimal. Either 30 or 10. Having a unit of 20 is worse for both killing and holding objectives. So it doesnt make sense in list optimization regards, to have units of 20. there is no benefit I would also HIGHLY advise you to get a Bloodsecretor (or two 9_9) because they add so much to this formation. If you need to keep your unit count up for the battalion (as bloodsecretor does not count) Just split up the units of flesh hounds. Just a thought. 

I need to break up painting my Ironjawz with some building, so this list (and my CAD/Gorepack KDK) is going to be assembled between painting sessions.

I've written up another list that I feel may fare as well as the last couple in different ways.

05076238bc7bd635fc299134113c1975.jpg

It gives me another Loci distributor, double Talisman to add another layer of protection, units of 30 Bloodletters to insure they'll be at 20+ for a little while longer, a unit of 6 Crushers because I need to play with them, and some decent anti-wizardry with Karanak +3 units of Hounds. And outside of the units of Bloodletters, I feel the list has decent mobility between the Thirsters, Crushers, Karanak, and Hounds.

About the only worry I have is being able to hold objectives (will the hounds be enough?), and is my killing power where it needs to be once my Thirsters die (will the Letters and Crushers be able to carry the game after the Thirsters are deleted)?

About the only thing that will be shared between my 40k KDK and Daemons of Khorne lists are the Bloodthirsters and Hounds, so I'm kind of at odds with myself as to what one I should build first. I figure I'll build and paint the Thirsters and Hounds first, then see if I want to build Bloodcrushers/Bloodletters, or Chaos Space Marines/CSM Bikers. UGG... So little time, so much hobbying.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

This looks like dynamite! PERSONALLY I would give both BTs the chaos runeblade over the talisman. I dunno.. one extra attack with that big ass axe is better then a 6+ save IMO.

Flesh hounds are great screens. They mess with casters.  Quick. Then when the letters get in, they will do some work!

Archived