Some books comments and questions

shakespear

I find the  pricing of the digital versions to be a bit schizophrenic?  Some are way cheaper than their printed counterpart others aren't worth it with an online discount. 

What books have the lore  about the game? 

If I purchase a digital version will it be updated or will I have to rebuy it if it redone? 

Pricing is what it is, and don't expect digital book updates for the most part. By now the previous books are the history of an earlier age. I just got City of Secrets digitally and would really recommend it. It is about human factions after the initial timeline has moved on a few generations, and now the AOS world is very much similar to the old Fantasy world, but with a lot of twists. Guns are a fact of life now, so that bit feels a little like the old west. Stormcast are scary super humans that humans have trouble relating to. New rulers oversee corrupt cities and the poor are seriously downtrodden. Aelf corsairs are a significant influence, and witch hunters try to keep chaos in check, much like in 40K. It seems like a nice blending of high and low fantasy, and is a good way to orient yourself to what I suspect is the next evolution of the game as time marches on.

6 hours ago, shakespear said:

I find the  pricing of the digital versions to be a bit schizophrenic?  Some are way cheaper than their printed counterpart others aren't worth it with an online discount. 

I've long stopped trying to work out the pricing for digital books. In theory they should be as cheap as chips as printing and distribution costs are cheaper, but then I imagine that Apple and Amazon want their cut and buying direct from the Black Library means they still need to store and back up the books.

At the end of the day, if you prefer digital books you will pay the price.

What books have the lore  about the game? 

All Battalion books have some background/lore but the main sources are the Realmgate Wars books which cover the start of the Age of Sigmar where Sigmar unleashed the Stormcast to push Chaos back, to the end where they are battling the forces of Chaos to control the realmgates which would help bring stablity to the different races of the realms. You also have all the novels from GW which go into a lot of detail. Current good one seems to be the City of Secrets which goes into detail of what it's like to live in a city.

If I purchase a digital version will it be updated or will I have to rebuy it if it redone? 

Depends. If there is an error/typo in one of Battletombs you will get an update. If it's a brand new book with updated rules (such as the new Stormcast book or the upcoming Generals Handbook 2) then unlikely.

Is there a way that if I buy the digital E-reader version it would also show up as purchased in the AoS App or are they two separate things?

It is hard to actually read in the APP in my opinion but good for gaming reference while the E-reader version would be easier to read on a computer or tablet, but if it does not populate into the APP it is difficult to build your army/scrolls if they are locked normally.

Archived