Chaos Knights and roles.

Infernalslayer

Greetings fellow chaos generals,

I have recently acquired 10 Chaos Knights from an ebay auction, and they are all equipped with Ensorcelled Weapons. I have another 5 on sprue from the Start Collecting that i can build with Ensorcelled Weapons or Chaos Glaives for more variety.

My current chaos mortals army projects with specific marks are

Khorne Bloodbound

Nurgle Rotbringers

Tzeentch Mortals (Fatesworn Battalion)

My question to you is, what kind of army do the ones with Ensorcelled Weapons fit better, and in what army should i use the 5 with Glaives if i do not build them with weapons as well?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I suppose it depends on what you want your list to be. The glaives are better on a charge and thus useful as "shock" units. Afterward they don't seem as good as the ensorcelled for staying power. They can be good to tie units down with either weapon IMO. 

Am I right in thinking that a unit can only have one or the other weapon? Is that how the warscroll reads to anyone else?

Think of them as a mobile tarpit. The unit is essentially immune to mortal wounds due to its wound count and mortal wound save, and is quite tough to move. That said unless they have glaives they hit like a pillow. Even with glaives they aren't amazing on the charge.

I'd like to see them come down 20 or so points personally

It's a shame you don't favour Slaanesh. In general but particular with the knights. I combine them with the Slaanesh lord on deamonic mount for double pile in and i'm looking to mount my sorcerer to keep up with them. Because the one thing that is a bit of a shame... the to hit roll. With only two attacks that breaks you up. I'm going for the sorcerer to support them but if anyone has any other plans i'm open to suggestions ;)

Some good points here! So, in my case, i would be best keeping the Ensorcelled Weapons in a Bloodbound or Tzeentch mortals warband, and consider the Glaives in a Rotbringers army that usually lacks Rend?

On 2/11/2017 at 8:20 PM, Kramer said:

It's a shame you don't favour Slaanesh. In general but particular with the knights. I combine them with the Slaanesh lord on deamonic mount for double pile in and i'm looking to mount my sorcerer to keep up with them. Because the one thing that is a bit of a shame... the to hit roll. With only two attacks that breaks you up. I'm going for the sorcerer to support them but if anyone has any other plans i'm open to suggestions ;)

I will give in to Slaanesh as well, eventually. At the moment i am holding off to see if there will be updates to Slaanesh lore and miniatures, plus the other three gods slowly ate my hobby funds:D

10 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

Some good points here! So, in my case, i would be best keeping the Ensorcelled Weapons in a Bloodbound or Tzeentch mortals warband, and consider the Glaives in a Rotbringers army that usually lacks Rend?

I think in general yes but it depends on the roll. They are, as has been said, a great mobile tarpit. If you use them in that manner ensorcelled weapons are the way to go but if you feel you need shock troops with rend and double damage and can support them in that manner... go for it. 

Personaly I use a 20 man unit of Chaos Warriors as my tarpit and as a Slaanesh player I have some options of supporting them as shock troops or speeding up my tarpit unit depending on who I take as my general. So it's Glaives for me (also fitted better with the theme I'm constructing).

What do you think you need more?

Archived