Dwarf Miners question

ANevskyUSA

I have a question about the Mining Cart: Does taking the cart give each miner model blasting charges (a shooting weapon measured from each miner), or does it mean that the unit gets a single blasting charge (a shooting weapon that I assume would be measured from the cart)?

"...whilst a unit of Miners includes

a Mining Cart they gain the Blasting

Charges attack."

So all miners get that ranged weapon as long as the cart is up. And given that you select where wounds are allocated (unless a stardrake eats the cart directly or an ability of that nature) you'd have it active until you want to choose between the last miner and the cart.

The steam harpoon is the single shot per turn weapon and it is also measured from a dwarf (but within 1" of the cart). It requires that you forego moving for one turn to set it up.

Man I love miners, I have to finish painting up my unit (the cart) and use them one day. The rend on them is just weirdly great.

8 hours ago, Turragor said:

"...whilst a unit of Miners includes

a Mining Cart they gain the Blasting

Charges attack."

So all miners get that ranged weapon as long as the cart is up. And given that you select where wounds are allocated (unless a stardrake eats the cart directly or an ability of that nature) you'd have it active until you want to choose between the last miner and the cart.

The steam harpoon is the single shot per turn weapon and it is also measured from a dwarf (but within 1" of the cart). It requires that you forego moving for one turn to set it up.

Man I love miners, I have to finish painting up my unit (the cart) and use them one day. The rend on them is just weirdly great.

They are great! And I can confirm this explanation 

5 hours ago, ANevskyUSA said:

Thanks, everyone, for the replies.  But why would the steam harpoon be measured from one of the miners rather than from the mining cart itself?

One of the miners picks it up from the cart, shoots it, next turn needs a new harpoon so needs to be near the cart. 

Also it's in the rules ;) 

5 hours ago, ANevskyUSA said:

Thanks, everyone, for the replies.  But why would the steam harpoon be measured from one of the miners rather than from the mining cart itself?

Maybe the 'on the pony' modelling option combined with the rules are confusing you?

You can glue the harpoon to the pony yes but, given the rules, I chose to mount it on the tripod on a separate base.

7 hours ago, Kramer said:

One of the miners picks it up from the cart, shoots it, next turn needs a new harpoon so needs to be near the cart. 

Also it's in the rules ;) 

If this is the consensus of how to read it, OK. My read was that there needed to be a miner next to the cart to fire the harpoon, but the harpoon was fired from the cart - similar to how an artillery piece works with its crew.

Archived