Skaven 1,5k list

Sir_Ling

Hey guys

Having models from Island of Blood, I've decided to make list based on it, especially because of the new battalion from Spire of Dawn. 

Here it is:

Allegiance: Chaos
Leaders
Skaven Warlord (100)
- General
- Warpforged Blade
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Packmaster (60)
- Shock
Skaven Chieftain With Battle Standard (140)
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
3 x Stormfiends (300)
- Ratling Cannons
- Skryre Battleline

Units
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
4 x Rat Ogors (240)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)

Battalions
Rippsnik's Raiders (80)

Total: 1500/1500

I've played it once, against moonclan grots, and lost - I attribute it mostly to the stormfiends not showing up at all.

What do you guys think about it? What should I get next? I'm thinking about going further into the clan Skryre, purchasing Jezzails, Ratling's and Stormfiends. 

I agree with Kugane, putting Gnash Gnaw their Bones into a big unit of Clan Rats with Spears can have great results. It works even better when you have the Verminus Clawpack, so get some awesome Stormvermin! I'd also suggest Warpfire Throwers on the Stormfiends if you can find/convert the bits. With the Ratling Guns short range on Stormfiends you may as well have super damaging weapons :)

For support, I love Warplightning Cannons. They are so damaging, and you are removing a bit of the random by not having to roll to hit. Ratling Gun weapon teams are also ace shooting support. The other thing you need to think about, is playing scenarios. I've found that the Archwarlock is MVP for the amount of damage he can not only take but what he can dish out. 

49 minutes ago, Sir_Ling said:

Yeah, Tretch is avesome but it's really hard to buy him. If I don't find him soon I'll have to think about conversion. 

Do you think Thanquol is feasible? I've used him once and was not impressed.

Finding tretch can be an issue yeah, I managed to pick one up at a local game store luckily.

22 minutes ago, Dez said:

I agree with Kugane, putting Gnash Gnaw their Bones into a big unit of Clan Rats with Spears can have great results. It works even better when you have the Verminus Clawpack, so get some awesome Stormvermin! I'd also suggest Warpfire Throwers on the Stormfiends if you can find/convert the bits. With the Ratling Guns short range on Stormfiends you may as well have super damaging weapons :)

For support, I love Warplightning Cannons. They are so damaging, and you are removing a bit of the random by not having to roll to hit. Ratling Gun weapon teams are also ace shooting support. The other thing you need to think about, is playing scenarios. I've found that the Archwarlock is MVP for the amount of damage he can not only take but what he can dish out. 

Getting spare warpfire projectors is nearly impossible to buy at the moment outside of another stormfiends box. I have gone down the internet and put requests on various websites for them without any luck. So right now kind of wondering what to do with my other 2 Stormfiends.

Has anyone used a screaming bell lately? I am painting mine at the moment, but I haven't had a chance to use it. I was considering to add one into a 2000 or 2500 list.

Convert them. I used bits from a Baneblade I bought years ago, whenever they came out. If you want an alternative that will look really good (and probably be cheap) get some Ork Burnaboy bits. Then just add them to whatever Stormfiend loadouts look good with a little cut here and there :)

I love my Screaming Bell, and have used it a lot though I have phased out of it a bit. It's particularly good in 3 Places of Power, where you can put it's high wound count and ability to cast Shield on itself making it hard to move. Bubble wrap it with Clan Rats. The Peal of Doom random roll usually passes out a few Mortal Wounds, and it's not bad in combat. I find it fun to take the enemy by surprise by using the 'Pushed into Battle' rule to fling it across the table for a first turn charge. Crack's Call can make Stormcast Heroes soil their armor a bit :)

7 hours ago, Dez said:

Convert them. I used bits from a Baneblade I bought years ago, whenever they came out. If you want an alternative that will look really good (and probably be cheap) get some Ork Burnaboy bits. Then just add them to whatever Stormfiend loadouts look good with a little cut here and there :)

I love my Screaming Bell, and have used it a lot though I have phased out of it a bit. It's particularly good in 3 Places of Power, where you can put it's high wound count and ability to cast Shield on itself making it hard to move. Bubble wrap it with Clan Rats. The Peal of Doom random roll usually passes out a few Mortal Wounds, and it's not bad in combat. I find it fun to take the enemy by surprise by using the 'Pushed into Battle' rule to fling it across the table for a first turn charge. Crack's Call can make Stormcast Heroes soil their armor a bit :)

Awesome! I may start playing it soon then. I also have a verminlord deceiver (or any other verminlord, its magnetized), so I hope the screaming bell and verminlord can both fit into the same 2k to 2.5k army. I still want to try out the 2x Deathrunner (4 with the "shadows") with an assassin hiding in 1 of the deathrunners + skitterleap combo. I haven't gotten around to it yet though. It just seems like a great way to harass the enemy from all sides.

I guess I will pick up some flamer bits from 40k to do my conversions then. I was thinking to get the round projectors like the stormfiends have, but a flamer is a flamer after all. Maybe some plasma cannon head from tau would work as well.

Archived