'Competitive' Disciples of Tzeentch

Drillz

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want build my fatesworn warband, and tzaangors arround him :(.

But i can't use any mortal baltallion if i want use the tzeentch alliegiance... so mad ><

I'm not going to buy any tzeentch stuff anymore. Cause i dont want kick off my mortals, i love that :) guys, i bought halberds, acolites, all the new heroes from silver tower and some old. And i want bull 30 tzaangors and 2x skyfires, 2x enlightened. But now i stop buy anything from tzeentch, waiting to GW words. They really need clarify this cause the new books of khorne, nurgle and slaanesh probably have the same format.

Can I get a opinion on this list:

Leaders

Lord Of Change (300)

• General

• Trait: Magical Supremacy - Tzeentch Daemon Hero

• Artefact: Pyrofyre Stave (For the ranged rod)

Daemon Prince Of Tzeentch (160)

• Axe

Tzaangor Shaman (120)

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (120)

Battleline

10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)

20 x Tzaangors (360)

• 4x Pair of Savage Blades

• 8x Savage Greatblade

Units

6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)

3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions

Tzaangor Coven (40)

Total: 1860/2000

140 Summoning. Seekers of Slaanesh, Blue horrors, Brimstone Horrors, Plaguebearers

Daemon Prince is easily dropped but I had him pre-Tzeentch battletome.

Lord of Change can be switched to Baleful Sword + Incorporeal Form + Phantasmal/Sentient weapon.

Any thoughts what she be added or removed?

Hello All new to the site and also new to Tzeentch but i have been working on a Arcanite Tzeentch list and want to get your opinion on it. 

Tactics below

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- General
- Command Trait : Arcane Sacrifice - Tzeentch Arcanite Hero
- Artefact : Wellspring of Arcane Might
- Lore of Change : Bolt of Tzeentch
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Artefact : Souldraught
- Lore of Fate : Shield of Fate
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Lore of Change : Fold Reality
Units
20 x Kairic Acolytes (280)
- 6 x Pair of Cursed Blades
- 8 x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
- 6 x Cursed Glaive
- 6 x Cursed Glaive
10 x Kairic Acolytes (140)
- 3 x Pair of Cursed Blades
- 4 x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
- 3 x Cursed Glaive
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 8 x Pair of Savage Blades
- 4 x Savage Greatblade
- 8 x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
Battalions
Arcanite Cabal (50)
Alter-kin Coven (20)
Witchfyre Coven (60)
The Pyrofane Cult (80)
Total: 2000/2000
Leaders: 3/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 0/4 Artillery: 0/4

Tactics:

General Shaman- Being near either a throwawy unit of Acolytes or the Tzaangors, doing the D3 wounds and with the boosted up range and the +1 to cast from Shaman #3 cast Tzeentch Firestorm and then follow it up with the Flickering Fires to Maximize damage to my oppts units.

Shaman #2- playing the support role and use spells like fold reality to help support the Skyfires/Elightened tzaangors and the Blue horrors. 

Shamen#3- Support role, he is to hang around the blocks of troops and cast both Mystic shield and shield of fate specifically on the Tzaangors (once they are in combat) otherwise we are buffing 2 units of Acolytes

Kairic Acolytes- Shooting twice either focusing on something that needs to die (all buffed with the help of the Shamans and warbands) or spreading it our to wear down troops.

Tzaangors- get into combat and kick some ass nuff said...

Tzaangor Elightened- Support charge and also to act as a temporary block for units i do not want charging me yet

Skyfires- Character Snipe and also support the Acolytes in shooting things dead.

3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

My vote is for Ogroid. Only thing the Prince has over it is flying

the prince is a little bit better at fighting over all then the Ogroid, but the Ogroid can heal. So it's really a toss up. Think when it comes to these two your not wrong picking either.

15 hours ago, Bradifer said:

Can I get a opinion on this list:

Leaders

Lord Of Change (300)

• General

• Trait: Magical Supremacy - Tzeentch Daemon Hero

• Artefact: Pyrofyre Stave (For the ranged rod)

Daemon Prince Of Tzeentch (160)

• Axe

Tzaangor Shaman (120)

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (120)

Battleline

20 x Tzaangors (360)

• 4x Pair of Savage Blades

• 8x Savage Greatblade

Units

6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)

Battalions

Tzaangor Coven (40)

Total: 1860/2000

140 Summoning. Seekers of Slaanesh, Blue horrors, Brimstone Horrors, Plaguebearers

Daemon Prince is easily dropped but I had him pre-Tzeentch battletome.

Lord of Change can be switched to Baleful Sword + Incorporeal Form + Phantasmal/Sentient weapon.

Any thoughts what she be added or removed?

This is pretty much my list, except I use the Ogroid instead of the Daemon Prince and use the missing 140 points by adding 20 blue horrors and 10 brimstone horrors on the table.  I find that these 'chaff' units are handy for blocking charges etc...  Note that you can't actually summon blue or brimstone horrors, so you'll only be placing them down when pinks die.  In these situations you may find that you're not using your points effectively because you'll have to pay 50 points for blue horrors whether you split into 2 or 10 models.

How does the Daemon Prince fair?  I'm thinking about swapping my Ogroid out for something else - either a Daemon Prince or a 120 point hero and another 10 Brimstones. 

11 hours ago, blueguy203 said:

Hello All new to the site and also new to Tzeentch but i have been working on a Arcanite Tzeentch list and want to get your opinion on it. 

Tactics below

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Units
- 6 x Cursed Glaive
- 6 x Cursed Glaive
- 3 x Cursed Glaive
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 4 x Savage Greatblade
Battalions
Arcanite Cabal (50)
Alter-kin Coven (20)
Witchfyre Coven (60)
The Pyrofane Cult (80)

Tactics:

General Shaman- Being near either a throwawy unit of Acolytes or the Tzaangors, doing the D3 wounds and with the boosted up range and the +1 to cast from Shaman #3 cast Tzeentch Firestorm and then follow it up with the Flickering Fires to Maximize damage to my oppts units.

Shaman #2- playing the support role and use spells like fold reality to help support the Skyfires/Elightened tzaangors and the Blue horrors. 

Shamen#3- Support role, he is to hang around the blocks of troops and cast both Mystic shield and shield of fate specifically on the Tzaangors (once they are in combat) otherwise we are buffing 2 units of Acolytes

Kairic Acolytes- Shooting twice either focusing on something that needs to die (all buffed with the help of the Shamans and warbands) or spreading it our to wear down troops.

Tzaangor Elightened- Support charge and also to act as a temporary block for units i do not want charging me yet

Skyfires- Character Snipe and also support the Acolytes in shooting things dead.

That is an impressive amount of battalions in a 2k list

17 hours ago, Bradifer said:

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch vs. Ogroid Thaurmaturge

Both 160 point, hero, wizard, melee fighters.

Should we discuss which we think is objectively better?

i'm currently using the Ogroid bonded to a unit of 20-30 brimstones. He can take a big hit and still be standing at the end of it. Plus he regenerates. 

18 hours ago, Bradifer said:

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch vs. Ogroid Thaurmaturge

Both 160 point, hero, wizard, melee fighters.

Should we discuss which we think is objectively better?

My vote goes to the Ogroid, just because of his profile spell. D6 MW is no joke. His horn attack also heavily benefits from Arcane Transformation.

Thanks all for the kudos and Mcduff thanks for the warning lol. I'll keep you posted on its performance as I look to fight against a few of my brothers who also play. Definitely want to see how it holds up against the vamp list with nefereta and a Morgul. I think I may have better toOlsen to get the job done. Malakieth, I too was impressed that I was able to make it work and that we have those large Battalions available at 2k. I'll keep a paintingredients Blog and battle reports open. 

i think they need to come out with an FAQ to really help us hone in on what would be the most competitive

Here are the FAQs we are using for our event - London's Calling 2017 - 1-2 April 2017: 

Many of these pertain to DoT unsurprisingly.

I should add that tickets are still available if anyone would like to try out their new DoT armies - it's an official warm up event for SCGT using their pack and battleplans (plus our FAQ).

What's your list for that event @Nico

It's still up in the air. It will not be DoT (as the expanded army is being built/painted). I do have the painted Little Archaon within Fatesworn army, but would want to add to that.

I'm still:

• Building the Kairics, Tzaangors (amazing models).
  • Building 3 Flaming Chariots; and converting Flaming Chariots to regular Chariots.
  • Converting Bestigor into Chosen of Tzeentch
  • Converting a Mounted Sorceror a Lord with Reaperblade and a Lord/Sorceror on Manticore.

I also have 3 little birdies to paint: 

IMG_8964.JPG.866bf1cfd72cdfdf36a99cfb86ea448c.JPG

The base for Billy is coming soon.

The EDG of Slaanesh needs to be built and The Glottkin will be converted into number 4. Would be fun to summon them all in as a DoT list (probably not very competitive, but awesome).

That's some pretty interesting FAQ for that tourney, not sure how to feel about it though, the changling is a model i have not thought about bringing into the army. Mortal wound rolls i kinds figured that was legal, the rest really didnt change much for me.  

On 2017-03-09 at 11:58 PM, blueguy203 said:

Tactics below

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Units
- 6 x Cursed Glaive
- 6 x Cursed Glaive
- 3 x Cursed Glaive
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 4 x Savage Greatblade
Battalions
Arcanite Cabal (50)
Alter-kin Coven (20)
Witchfyre Coven (60)
The Pyrofane Cult (80)

Tactics:

Am I missing something, acolytes have to be atleast 20 per unit In the pyrofane cult no?

Archived