'Competitive' Disciples of Tzeentch

Drillz

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rough draft of a heavy spell hitting artillery list.

The LoC could fire off Gateway + Firestorm + something else each turn. The Herald can fire off his personal spell and another. And the Pinks would have more options. I figure this would be a heavy DD using list so the Shaman gets Glimpse. Not so sure on items though. 

Screenshot_20170304-155153.jpg

Is is possible to build Competitive list without Pink Horrors as I don't really like their models ?

for example something like - LOC, Tzaangor Shaman, Ogroid Mage, Tzaangors,Warriors, Tzaangors on discs ? How will it work ? 

I was mostly disappointed by Battletome because I wanted badly to start Tzeentch Chaos Warriors army but in new Battletome there are very few option to do so. 

8 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Ahh that is true. Other then that how does the list look?

I like it, and the one you posted after. I think I am going to try something like this for my next 2,000 point game:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy - Tzeentch Daemon Hero
- Artefact: Pyrofyre Stave
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Herald Of Tzeentch On Disc (120)
- Staff of Change
- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- Artefact: Daemonheart
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 4x Pair of Savage Blades
- 8x Savage Greatblade
- 8x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (40)

Total: 2000/2000

8 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Is is possible to build Competitive list without Pink Horrors as I don't really like their models ?

for example something like - LOC, Tzaangor Shaman, Ogroid Mage, Tzaangors,Warriors, Tzaangors on discs ? How will it work ? 

I was mostly disappointed by Battletome because I wanted badly to start Tzeentch Chaos Warriors army but in new Battletome there are very few option to do so. 

You can but Tzaangors and Warriors are 180pts per 10 so it adds up quick. Look at my mixed list above 

Changed up my Cohort list a bit...thoughts?

The LoC will be able to fire off Gateway + Firestorm + Unchecked Mutation each turn assuming they don't get unbound. DiscHerald can fire off his weird spell + Bolt...now that's some MW output. With all the major dmg coming from spells I figured the Scribes were required. Then the Pinks all get Fold for coverage mostly to cast it on the Skyfires or Enlightened. And since this will be a heavy hitting ranged list DD will probably be used often so the Shaman gets Glimpse.

No idea about items though 

Allegiance: Tzeentch Daemon
Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Arch Sorcerer - Tzeentch Daemon Hero
Herald Of Tzeentch On Disc (120)
- Staff of Change
The Blue Scribes (120)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
Battleline
1 x Burning Chariots Of Tzeentch (160)
Units
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (320)
Battalions
Daemon Cohort of Tzeentch (120)
Total: 2000/2000

I hate to rain on any parades here but the Daemon Cohort of Tzeentch is an older battalion that doesn't have the Tzeentch keyword so i believe it can only be used in a Chaos allegiance list and not a Tzeentch one. Which means all the extra casting is useless because you will run out of spells to cast. 

29 minutes ago, Pete_P said:

So I guess the same would go for Fatesworn Warband 

its fine, taking the battalions grant you the extra keyword in the battalion, so for fatesworn you gain the Everchosen keyword. you don't lose any so as long as everything contains Tzeentch you can still use the Tzeentch allegiance.

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

i so for fatesworn you gain the Everchosen keyword.

You actually don't gain the keyword, just the allegiance. In the Sylvaneth and Beastclaw mixed battalions all the models share the allegiance but the Stormcast and Ironjaw models don't gain extra keywords. 

1 hour ago, Pete_P said:

I hope that's right, but this from the FAQ seems to say otherwise:

IMG_4792.JPG

and if you qualify for multiple ones you can choose which one to pick and still qualify for them all, this is explain in the Tzeentch book

it would seem that, that is correct, which is something i have completely missed.

so apologies to all. 

which also pretty much makes slaves to darkness all but worthless to tzeentch, with the models which provide anything countable on 1 hand until they see some sort of release. 

the longer time goes on the more i feel that this Tzeentch release was just a wave of the hand by gw to distract us as they punch you in the face with stormcast 

You can still use all the Slaves to Darkness units but if we are talking properly competitive lists then the Daemon and Arcanite stuff is considerably better/more effective anyway. 

As for the overall power level, it's still very good. I'll happily take on the new Stormcast book. 

My Tzeentch Mortals list has been very competitiveness as I have built it around the Fatesworn battalion and the Tzeentch spells. I have posted requests on the official AoS site requesting this to be clarified since the Tzeentch book dropped to no response officially just mixed comment from the community both ways which is really frustrating as I just to play correctly.

Archived