Archai or Harbinger???

KHHaunts

Ive managed to get my hands on two boxes of Morghasts for a reasonable price.

However i cant for the life of me decide how to assemble them . . . . .

Do i go all Archai or all Harbinger?

Or is four of one kind to much for most games?

would i be better with two of each?

I dont really fancy buying another box just so i can have 3 of one and 3 of another.

ok TGA im relying on you. Go!

Just now, KHHaunts said:

i suppose. reccommend any good ones?

At the base of the wirst and in the front arm. Create a hole for place magnets. I suggest magnets 2x2mm cilinder ones (first numeber the diameter, second the height).

You have to pay attention to the position of the arms if you want to interchange them so you have to calculate the positioning of the arms itself based on the polearm  and then you can change them as you want afterward fro sword to polearm and viceversa.

Obviously you can also mmodify the polearms and realize one hand ones (I've done it myself too).

You can magnetise also the pectoral, but I suggest not doing it cause it ruins the aestetic of the model in my opinion.

About the helmets can be magnetised too, but it requires 2x1mm on the base of the helmet , but you have to put the otther magnet on the neck before installing the skull of the model (and sincely I don't find it a good idea cause the helmet is too light and the risk to lose it is too high, so better on or off or simply put it on and off without magnets).

Moreover I've quite crazy so I magnetised the base too...in case you want to magnetize the wings I suggest to choose if you do  on the bases or on the attach of the wings to the body. Not both at the same time cause the models otherwise becomes quite unstable.

In the next days I'll realise videos about magnetise some models and these are some of them.

IMG_20170118_201123.jpg

13 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

where do you get your magnets from??

I order them from (I put it on spoiler cause I don't know if I can write it on the forum):

Spoiler

supermagnete.it

cause they have quite a big vaiety of them and more you buy more disocunt you have. But they are not the cheapest. You can find them laso on other sites or even on e-bay. 

Remember only to buy REE-magnets cuase they are stronger than normal ones.

You can say that I'm quite addicted to magnets cause almost every army I have have magnets on quite a "bit" of them^^

As for how to use them in-game:

Harbingers are fast and hit decently well, but are fragile. To make them worthwhile, you need to take full advantage of their speed by picking the right target and timing their charge correctly, even then I'd say they are situational at best. If you have a decent wizard, having them charge straight from being summoned can work.

Archai are a bit more survivable (and still pretty fast), but more importantly bring decent rend to the table. They are a bit pricey but fill a role Death is a bit lacking in otherwise.

Archived