Archaon and 6 Varanguard

Louzi

Hey guys,

I am almost done painting Archaon and 6 Varanguard and I want to play with them soon.

So I am looking for a list, 2000 points.

I have 580 points left and need 3 battleline units, too. I KNOW it is a bad idea playin Archaon and his Varanguard in 2000 point games, but thats how it is. I would appreciate, if you would help me out.

The best warriors battle line choice for this imo is marauders. Once you commit to 6 varanguard its just about getting bodies on the table and bodies that offer you as much survivability as possible. Marauders with shields give you a 5+ save so get them in cover and hold objectives.

If you take this route it leaves you 400 points to add some hero models that can boost your performance of Archaon and the Varanguard. for this i would look at the bloodbound heroes and slave to darkness heroes.

I recently took Archaon to the UK masters and without a doubt my favourite 2 heroes were the Choas Sorcerer Lord and Khorne Lord on Juggernaught. 140 points each but can both buff Archaon and Varanguard. You wont have many points after that but look at bloodbound heroes or more models. 

I havnt looked much yet but there is also a lot to look at with the new Tzeentch units. Annoyinly Varanguard cant mark tzeentch currently so you cant go pure tzeentch, but the cheap horror units could be worth a look if your looking for bodies.

Hope some of that helps.

1 hour ago, ChippyRick said:

I recently took Archaon to the UK masters and without a doubt my favourite 2 heroes were the Choas Sorcerer Lord and Khorne Lord on Juggernaught. 140 points each but can both buff Archaon and Varanguard. You wont have many points after that but look at bloodbound heroes or more models. 

The Chaos Sorcerer Lord is 120 if you field him mounted.

Archived