How many Witch Aelves?

whataseamus

I'm a big fan of the Daughters of Khaine and I am considering putting together a pure DoK allegiance force. Up to this point, I haven't really been using Witch Aelves as I've been scared off by their lack of a regular save and their comparatively high point cost, but I know they can be solid damage dealers and I'm happy to include them for the sake of faction cohesion.

I'm going to be playing a friendly game using proxies at first before I go buy a ton of boxes. In the 2,000 point list I have put together, I will be including 50 Witch Aelves. I'm not quite sure how to group them together though. Can anyone with more experience with them suggest what the best combination would be? Two groups of 20 and one of 10? Or two of 10 and one of 30? 

I did some proxy witch elf stuff before and almost pulled the trigger but i didnt want an army with as small a model count as possible with out being destruction.

The witch aelfs are where the money is woth the subfaction and id say for casual play you want atleadt two cauldrons to back them up and layer some 6+ saves a double 6+ is kind of like a 5+. Also when they get into combat they ripp stuff apart. They are also quick enough to get there. In the army these will be what actualy kill stuff

The one problem you have with the subfaction is its all finesse. You have no unit that can tarpit, distract, or sacrafoce themselves to set up.good charges. The best thing you could use for that job is more wotch aelfs in small 10 man units in front of your big blocks, but they are expensive and squishy for the points.

6 hours ago, Aezeal said:

DoK are not a well rounded army. Going full DoK is kinda pointless. Just make a 50-50 army with something else.

Look at the reports on the YouTube channel from Miniwargaming. They had some sick DoK armies on their with very competitive combinations. It can definitely be done. 

Archived