What about them there Aelves?

Hi,

I thought I would get the ball rolling with something I have been wondering about for a while and throw it out there to get some discussion flowing.

With not much sign of an Aelves yet apart form the legacy ones hanging with Sigmar we have to assume that there is to be a big release planned for some point in the future. After seeing the latest Orruk release I am pretty excited as to what form it may take. Especially with the early Sigmar releases making a point of saying that Tyrion and Teclis were hunting for any sign of their race.

Anyway from a fluff point of view I was wondering what form it may take. Back in the End Times the world that Lilieth created to save the elves suddenly went dark, she assumed Chaos had found it and that was it. Gone. In all of about a sentence or two one of the big plot lines of the End Times was dismissed.

So what I am suspecting is that Chaos didn't find it and that some how Araloth and Co. somehow managed to hide the world. So what I am wondering / hoping is that when the new waves of Aelves are unleashed upon the Mortal Realms it will be with this world, that Tyrion, Teclis and Malorian will somehow find it and re-introduce some really cool new Aelves.

So, thoughts?

I expect it would fall in line with other sigmar releases. Some big monster (hopefully a dragon, so iconic!). I think they would be some new kind of subfaction comprised of aelfs of all three flavours.

Pure speculation of course, but would be cool.

I don't expect any characters that didn't make it into the grand alliance book to return, apart from maybe Teclis as he was so pivotal in the end times story.

20 hours ago, Kaiowas said:

Yep your right, i don't expect them until a second edition, but i want a new Witch King AOS style.

Hopefully in the next lore book order heroes back with a orden suplement^_^

I am not sure about a second edition I would expect them much before anything like that is released. We have barely got started with AoS as it is yet.

As said I would not really expect any particular characters apart from Tyrion, Teclis and maybe Malakith/Malorian (was his Mummy mentioned in the first book too?) as they have already been stated as existing in the Mortal Realms.

I guess what I was wondering about is do you think that fluff wise an "Aelven Realm" will appear, or be found to join the Mortal Realms? And that it will be the world created by Teclis and Lilieth in the End Times to save the Elven souls?

Well  "Morathi still fleash and bone, but have changed" short story at page 56 HB rulebook. It talks about how a creature aweken in ShadowsRealm Ulgu, Malerion  meeting with Morathi in a deamon bacanal. People sais Morathi is a daemon our chaos god our just a elf who knows...

About Lilieth i dont remember what appens with she.

In the first read of your commentary the "Aelven Realms" looks too much, but thinking about it Grand Alliance Orden haves Sylvanet, Sheraphons, Humans/StormCast, Duardin/FyreSlayer, Aelfs, so.. i have some Stormcast and you give me a great idea for them :)

This reminds me that I need to buy the first AoS hardback. Too much fluff still locked in it.

I expect that new elves won't be super different. There may be a new subfaction, similar to the Fyreslayers. But they've left so many models in that the aelfs now have an established look. Guessing by the current AoS releases, we'll probably get some sort of large infantry or cavalry kit, a new monster, a couple of heroes and some reboxing. Either in a new faction or expanding on an existing one.

On 5/3/2016 at 0:28 PM, Motley said:

So what I am suspecting is that Chaos didn't find it and that some how Araloth and Co. somehow managed to hide the world. So what I am wondering / hoping is that when the new waves of Aelves are unleashed upon the Mortal Realms it will be with this world, that Tyrion, Teclis and Malorian will somehow find it and re-introduce some really cool new Aelves.

I like that idea a lot. They made a big deal about Lileath creating a new haven for them w/ the Araloth plot etc., and then, you're right, it was dropped suddenly without clear resolution. I think it'll either be something along the lines of what you laid out and/or something about Tyrion/Teclis/Malerion successfully recovering and reconstituting aelven souls from Slaanesh, which will become at least one of the new aelven factions. Personally I'm partial to the idea of the new Lord of Light and Teclis doing a Sigmar and reconstituting a new faction of aelves that embody Hysh/Light, but I doubt they'll do that since it's been done w/ Sigmar Sigmar'ing the Sigbros in Sigmaron.

Too many plots were dropped during the End Times for us to speculate if any are relevant, IMO. Like Settra and Skarsnik both getting a "exist stage left". My impression from subsequent author interviews were that they didn't know anything about AoS when writing these books.

Though that doesn't apply to whoever wrote the hardbacks. I assume Araloth's plot ended up in the main books? Don't remember.

5 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Too many plots were dropped during the End Times for us to speculate if any are relevant, IMO. Like Settra and Skarsnik both getting a "exist stage left". My impression from subsequent author interviews were that they didn't know anything about AoS when writing these books.

Though that doesn't apply to whoever wrote the hardbacks. I assume Araloth's plot ended up in the main books? Don't remember.

Yeah Araloth's thread was in the main books. You might be right in general. I do expect we'll see Shadow and Light aelves before the year is out, and maybe a new Alarielle. And I still think a new Settra is coming back. :) Probably sometime next year (...<rampant speculation>). 

This is where having the first hardback would be useful. IIRC, both Malerion, Tyrion and Teclis were described as Aelfen gods, were they not? And on some sort of search for aelfs that they could "sense"?  I assume this will become shadow/light aelves eventually, given the alignment of the gods. While I don't think Settra will return, you're probably right about the aelves. Alarielle is definitly getting a new war-form, which might turn into a new model.

I'm excited to see what the aelf for the Silver Tower will be like. Might be our first clue to "native" AoS aelves.

Archived