Dire wolves

Kuwanger23

Hey guys,

After looking at dire wolves and just finding out we have a 5+ extra save (assuming you pick option one for additional +1 save and are near your heroes in your army), these guys seem amazing.  

Do people take them a lot.  Multiple wounds, decent saves, fast, multiple attacks, bonuses with corpse carts, I mean what's not to love?!

Yeah my zombie horde us them./ I only summon them though and on turn 1 if i get the first turn./ Summon a wall of 10 to cut the map in half in my favor. Throw mystic shield and then the horpse are behidn them these guys are 3+/5+ 10 wounds at 120 points for 20 wounds which is nuts for value i also run the infernal standard recently, and that also give me some more dice to throw at damage for them. 

I find they tend to work well as small outrider squads to exploit weak units and hit flanks, and go for undefended objectives. Mine tend to outrun my Corpse Carts as they have +6" extra move over them though, so if you're keeping them up with the Corpse Cart you're not really making use of their speed. They're good and cheap enough in 5 pup squads that you don't have to worry too much about synergy with them though.

Remember that you don't get the Cover bonus if you charged that turn as well. 

Archived