Times they are a changin

Totzro

Hi everyone! My name is Hugo and I've been painting miniatures since the 3rd edition of Warhammer 40k.
In recent years I have had a falling out with GW and dabbled in other systems and games, but I missed building Warhammer armies too much.

I have a group near me that play regularly and with the release of Tzeentch(which I've always loved)  this month I saw an excellent opportunity to dive in with two clawed feet first!

To get me started I got a Tzaangor box to try out my colours in preparation of the release next week. I have no idea how my army composition will look like, but the idea is to get up too 1000pts to start with.

Here's my first test Tzaangor, he's not completely done, but almost.

Tzaangor.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey again everyone. Thanks for all your kind replies! ^^

Last month I had some doubts about what army to play and paint for AoS. Went back and forth between different armies. 

I had almost settled for skaven but then I picked up the Battletome for Disciples of Tzeentch and man that is a beautiful book. It got me really inspired and the army seem fun to play with plenty of options and synergies. 

I have now picked up 1000pts of Arcanites to get me started. 

I played my first game with them today and managed to snag a victory from the Stormcasts I faced.

I'm very happy with the army, felt fun and powerful. The goal is now to get it all painted!

IMG_4946.JPG

This is the list that I ran:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)
10 x Tzaangors (180)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (40)

Total: 1000/1000

Possible changes would be to remove the ogroid. Run the tzaangors as one big unit and add a unit of pink horrors. 

I made the table a couple of years ago (realm of battle), but thinking of making som AoS specific terrain. 

• 1 month later...

The Tzeentch has been going a bit slow as of late but I've started painting all the disc riders. I've magnetized the discs for ease of transportation. 

IMG_5445.JPG.f65faf2bf49aecbce7e7017a1568dd5e.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG.58ce9e5fbafd2a43040cb441699bbe23.JPG

I've also converted my Ogroid with a head from the Herald of Tzeentch kit to give him a more avian feel

IMG_5399.JPG.cf38524b0e1b59e52030fc2dbc8f0cf4.JPG

Now that is a nice conversion on the Ogroid - I might have to steal that idea!

The Enlightened are looking great.  I originally had mine magnetised but with the discs that I've finished I've glued them in place so that I can decide on the best 'side' of the vortex to display.

Keep up the good work!

Archived