New player creating 2k death army need tips/suggestions!

Highoffwaffles

Started Warhammer about a month ago and I am creating a 2k death army. My army so far is comprised of the following...

• Arkhan the Black
  • Necromancer
  • Wight King w/ Axe
  • 30 skeleton warriors
  • 5 Black Knights
  • 2 Morghast Archai

I was wondering how I am doing so far and what units I should add/remove to have the best composition that works within the rules. I am discovering new rules every day and don't want to purchase too much or too little of units. This army is currently 1180 in points. 

Currently building up a similar force.  I'd immediately suggest another couple of units of Skeletons (of 10 or 20 with Swords and Boards), this will give you some solid objective holding in the army.  It also allows you to run the Legion of Death battalion.

Arkhan is a big magic character, you'll want to add in some more wizards (his command ability increases the range of magic spells).  I'd look at a Vampire or two, which would also give you a bit more punch in close combat.

Are you interested in the legion of death? Seems like a good option with what you have.

I would recommend picking a unit with a better command ability for your general. It's hard to imagine a scenario where giving up your command trait (he cant take one because he is named) and a good comand ability would be worth 6in. on spells.

I haven't tried it but a coven throne seems pretty interesting with arkhan giving you effectively two 2 foot bubbles worth of beguile targets.

Archived