Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

I understand that you can pile in if you successfully charge, but under most conditions this is going to leave you within 1/2" of an enemy model.  Then you must pile-in towards the closest enemy model (which is most likely to be the one you're within 1/2" of).  As to doing it in the hero phase, it is still a pile-in which would still require you to meet the normal pile in requirements (either making a successful charge or being within 3" of an enemy).

It's very situational.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jaehaerys said:

So he can pile in and move 8" even if he's not within 3" of enemy unit as that's the norm for piling in?

Yes.  a normal condition to trigger a pile in is a successful charge. That's it,  unless you have a special rule allowing you to do it another time. 

He has a special rule saying he can pile in, in his hero phase 8". So you dont need to charge and you can use it in his hero phase.  

3 minutes ago, Jaehaerys said:

So he can pile in and move 8" even if he's not within 3" of enemy unit as that's the norm for piling in?

The requirements for piling in are either successfully charging, or being within 3" of an enemy model.  He still requires this to make his 8" pile in.

2 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

He has a special rule saying he can pile in, in his hero phase 8". So you dont need to charge and you can use it in his hero phase.  

I don't see where you're getting that ruling from.  Can you point me in a direction?  It's still a pile in.  When movement happens in the hero phase it still follows all the normal rules for movement.

Just now, Jharen said:

I don't see where you're getting that ruling from.  Can you point me in a direction?  It's still a pile in.  When movement happens in the hero phase it still follows all the normal rules for movement.

You're allowed a pile in if you charge or what ever.

This rule is saying he can pile in, in the hero phase, so he's being granted a pile in as of his special rule 

Just now, Arkiham said:

You're allowed a pile in if you charge or what ever.

This rule is saying he can pile in, in the hero phase, so he's being granted a pile in as of his special rule 

Yeah I get what you're saying, I just don't see it that way based on the rules we have.  Not saying you're necessarily wrong, I just don't see it working in the rules from the FAQ.  Anyhow, I'll drop this topic from flooding this thread.  I'll follow your lead and just hash it out in the rules forum though, hope to get some other points of view there for further clarity.

On a side note in The new Blood and Thunder box:

They're using the Bloodreaver model picture from the box set, not the starter set.

However that doesn't match the picture of the sprue.

Ergo: The Bloodreaver champion on the sprue is also a different model than is in the picture.

Additionally, I'm not seeing any indication of push to fit in the sprue pictures.

It looks exactly like the prior sprue ... except red and gold.

(You're now getting 1 range ruler and only 6 dice.)

Thunder and Blood box is just a smaller version of the older Starter Box.  It's aimed more at beginners, hence its colored plastic models, gaming 'mat', box terrain, and lower price point.  It's not going to serve much use to those who are more experienced in the hobby or deeply invested, but I can see the logic in them making something for those who just want to grab a cheap boxed game to play.

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

So for khul he gets to move for goretide and then move in hero phase, then move then charge...and then pile in lol.

Guy is so fast 

Well he's the same speed as your MLoK in The Goretide. Which also brings us to another example of the monkey at GW who wrote this.
This isn't really what Im questioning here. The issue for me is here because it's written like extremely inconsistent again.

Here is the thing Ark, I don't blame you, thanks for your help but:
- The Description of Khorgos Khul says: "If you thake a Goretide warscroll battalion, then Khorgos Khul must be taken instead of the Mighty Lord of Khorne that normally leads the battalion". 
1. Does this refer to The Goretide warscroll battalion? As Goretide warscroll battalion does not excist. 
Blades-of-Khorne-Contents.jpg

2. Does this now mean that if you want to play The Goretide Warscroll Battalion that you must thake Khorgos Khul?

3. Does this now mean that you cannot have more than one The Goretide Warscroll Battalion?
Because Khorgos Khul must lead it and he is a named character.

My issue with this whole Khorgos Khul fellow is that it's unclear to me what the heck is going on here. I can live with assumptions but why not simply refer to the named pieces the way they are named?

Jackie-Chan--petitie-catre-Guvernul-chin 

Well he's the same speed as your MLoK in The Goretide. Which also brings us to another example of the monkey at GW who wrote this.
This isn't really what Im questioning here. The issue for me is here because it's written like extremely inconsistent again.

Here is the thing Ark, I don't blame you, thanks for your help but:
- The Description of Khorgos Khul says: "If you thake a Goretide warscroll battalion, then Khorgos Khul must be taken instead of the Mighty Lord of Khorne that normally leads the battalion". 
1. Does this refer to The Goretide warscroll battalion? As Goretide warscroll battalion does not excist. 
Blades-of-Khorne-Contents.jpg

2. Does this now mean that if you want to play The Goretide Warscroll Battalion that you must thake Khorgos Khul?

3. Does this now mean that you cannot have more than one The Goretide Warscroll Battalion?
Because Khorgos Khul must lead it and he is a named character.

My issue with this whole Khorgos Khul fellow is that it's unclear to me what the heck is going on here. I can live with assumptions but why not simply refer to the named pieces the way they are named?

It isn't impossible that the updated version of BoK will change the "Mighty Lord of Khorne" to Khul for "The Goretide".

Interestingly enough, RAW you currently can't use Khul in the BoK "Bloodbound Warhorde" because "Mighty Lord of Khorne" isn't keyword bold.

2 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

It isn't impossible that the updated version of BoK will change the "Mighty Lord of Khorne" to Khul for "The Goretide".

Interestingly enough, RAW you currently can't use Khul in the BoK "Bloodbound Warhorde" because "Mighty Lord of Khorne" isn't keyword bold.

What worries me more is that the forced inclusion now renders my The Goretide plans illigal for matched play unless we recieve the Khorgos Khul points. As I cannot include models for Matched play that do not have Matched play points. So from this day on, you cannot play The Goretide for Matched play purposes. As per Khul's Warscroll.

I'm going to be blunt and honest here and say that this wording is rediculous. It now has basically invalidated the flexability of The Goretide as very soon every The Goretide warscroll battalion MUST include Khorgos Khul. 

I don't think it's interesting though, I think RAW on Khul are bhul. 

What worries me more is that the forced inclusion now renders my The Goretide plans illigal for matched play unless we recieve the Khorgos Khul points.

I'm going to be blunt and honest here and say that this wording is rediculous. It now has basically invalidated the flexability of The Goretide as very soon every The Goretide warscroll battalion MUST include Khorgos Khul. 

I don't think it's interesting though, I think RAW on Khul are bhul. 

Well.

Narratively, The Goretide is lead by Khul. (YMMV)

Though if you want a bhul, I'd recommend the Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut. ;)

Sure, it just renders The Goretide illigal to use for Matched play from this day on.

Should I be happy? 

Well there is no "Goretide" batallion. There is a "The Goretide" batallion. So we're safe until they FAQ that.

If it makes you feel any better... here's some more stuff we can QQ about...

You apparently have to also paint him in Goretide colors. "... and always wears their colors in battle."

And if you want to use him in any other batallion they should also be goretide as well... so whee more red and gold on the table?

The only two BoK battalions that have the MLoK or "any other Khorne Bloodbound" units or warscrolls is the Skullfiend Tribe batallion.

At this point I'm pretty sure Khorne cares not for our happiness, nor our tears... (he's pretty much in it for the skulls ... and blood.)

(Alternately, default to the non-Khul rules for Matched due to the lack of points.)

7 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Well there is no "Goretide" batallion. There is a "The Goretide" batallion. So we're safe until they FAQ that.

If it makes you feel any better... here's some more stuff we can QQ about...

You apparently have to also paint him in Goretide colors. "... and always wears their colors in battle."

And if you want to use him in any other batallion they should also be goretide as well... so whee more red and gold on the table?

The only two BoK battalions that have the MLoK or "any other Khorne Bloodbound" units or warscrolls is the Skullfiend Tribe batallion.

At this point I'm pretty sure Khorne cares not for our happiness, nor our tears... (he's pretty much in it for the skulls ... and blood.)

Certainly, this is true, but that only shows that the one who wrote it is just not even bothering to look up the propper names of abilities or Warscrolls. With Gore Lord doing the same as Gorelord and the Reality splitting axe working in another reality splitting way as the MLoK's...

Yeah that colour part doesn't suit me well either though the thing with that is that I feel House-rules will have it covered as the colours arnt defined on this Warscroll (luckily). 

Lastly I dont even get what the second part tries to imply, The Goretide Battalion has no units other than the Mighty Lord of Khorne because it's other units are Bloodbound Keyword or come from Skulltake...

53 minutes ago, Killax said:

Lastly I dont even get what the second part tries to imply, The Goretide Battalion has no units other than the Mighty Lord of Khorne because it's other units are Bloodbound Keyword or come from Skulltake...

It implies that if you include Khul in a warscroll battalion like for instance BloodBound Warhorde (based on key word MLok) you need to make this  battalion and all other units/battalion Motal Khorne  part of the Goretide.

21 minutes ago, BarJeux said:

It implies that if you include Khul in a warscroll battalion like for instance BloodBound Warhorde (based on key word MLok) you need to make this  battalion and all other units/battalion Motal Khorne  part of the Goretide.

Do you understand how drastical that influence is for a single Hero? I mean its new ground but whats the gain?

You can't take Khul in a BloodBound Warhorde. 

Yes. The keyword is there (on the unit), but "MLoK" in the BloodBound Warhorde is not "keyword bold"

Without keyword bold it only allows you to take the unit named "Mighty Lord of Khorne" not any model with the keyword.

So, according to the FAQ v1.1, he can't be taken. (See page 6, under warscrolls and warscroll batallions)

11 minutes ago, Killax said:

Khul @200 points, not so cool...

yeah its garbage.

goto facebook and moan. its atrocious rules for his points.

essentially making goretide 100 points. 60 more for literally no reason

I don't think/hope we have to take him, because rules on warscrolls usually only trigger if you actually include the scroll into your list.

Either way, he's more or less the same as a normal MLoK, with rules you would get anyway with the Goretide... and all that just for 60 points, what a steal! /s

1 hour ago, Xasz said:

I don't think/hope we have to take him, because rules on warscrolls usually only trigger if you actually include the scroll into your list.

Either way, he's more or less the same as a normal MLoK, with rules you would get anyway with the Goretide... and all that just for 60 points, what a steal! /s

The point is, you got all that anyway. Without the 60 toll.

Even on his own outside of a battalion he's not worth 200 points. Ever. Literally ever.

So am I missing something here or is GW just really not on their game...

From their Community page concerning the new warscroll it says:

"Khul’s Gorelord ability is upgraded to allow him to charge into combat alongside his troops."

Yet I see absolutely no change to the Gorelord ability's functionality.  They changed the wording of course to fit the name change, but it functions the exact same.  Hardly an 'upgrade' worth mentioning...  really...wow GW...wow.

Archived