Dry brushing terrain grey

TerrorPenguin

Hey all

Cork - on bases I've been painting this black and then drybrushing grey, which I've just been mixing up with abaddon black and corax white 

Ive just made some big rock stack scenery and have no desire to mix up tiny pots of grey one at a time - is there a decent alternative for drybrushing that I might be able to buy in large quantities e.g at B&Q? 

Its all cork

TIA

I used poster paint and a children's art tray to do my Armies on Parade board. Mixing black and white meant I could get several shades from the same supply of paint.

Worked up from a dark grey base (Ad Mech grey spray), washed it with watered down black poster paint and then made up a couple of different shade of grey for the dry brushing

tmp_22896-IMG_20161014_194108707585450079.jpg

For Realm Hoppers Terrain, there has been a lot of it, i have found with Grey (Rock, Stone Walls, Fortress etc) I have either been spraying Black and dry brushing with a large brush and tiny amount of The Fang and Stormfang, blues tend to stretch really far with dry brushing over black and give an awesome fantasy look.

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 09.47.23.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-23 at 09.47.47.png

Or spraying Mechanicus Standard Grey, washing and going straight to Rakarth Flesh as a drybrush. I have found because of the strong pigments in GW paints, they do seem to stretch quite far when using a large brush. 

Just an alternative view. 

Archived