Death FAQ

CoffeeGrunt

It's not about balancing, but applying the rules.

Look at the Tomb Herald answer - that's an extreme form of "balancing" - i.e. removing a zero-fun exploit (literally unkillable models).

Beforehand, many of us tried to argue that this exploit didn't work or shouldn't work using purposive interpretation, but GW appropriately rewrote the rule to ban this zero-fun exploit. 

Have a Happy New Year all! Looking bright for AoS.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Nico said:

Look at the Tomb Herald answer - that's an extreme form of "balancing" - i.e. removing a zero-fun exploit (literally unkillable models).

Beforehand, many of us tried to argue that this exploit didn't work or shouldn't work using purposive interpretation, but GW appropriately rewrote the rule to ban this zero-fun exploit. 

I'd agree that is a straith up nerf well needed and deserved. Though it is in errata form which is where such thingd should occur.

Im very happy with age of sigmar. I do think death is weaker, but it isnt so terrible or depressing to say its unplayable or none competive.

I think it will undeed be a good AoS year. Wonder what new stuff is on the way.

7 hours ago, Nico said:

What's there to balance? you can save anyway only once the model. With the rule "sworn Bodyguard" it jump forward when there is the wound, not the damage and it' has to suffer it. 

What's there to balance? It's not unbalancing. Once the wound is suffered you can only goes to the damage then.

You wnat to use 2 heralds to pass the wounds? The mortal wounds cant' be saved so it's useless. The normal wounds so to save each time? It's the wound suffered, not the damage so it's before doing the save, once done the save you receive damage, so...even so only once you can save other then reroll the save, bu once done the same you suffer the damage and the wound can't jump again.

SO what's there to balance? Nothing. No immortality.

While everyone continues to argue semantics, I'm just going to remind people that the Ruler Of The Night command trait only applies to the 10" bubble around the general. It has never been army wide. The Deathless Minions buff applies to the 10" bubble around the general and all of your heroes, and remains even after the general has been slain.

As for the various nerfs, it is clear they were put in place by GW for balance purposes. It looks bad when Death armies with old models or retired Tomb King models, that you can't even buy, beat out all of the fancy new armies. GW is in the business of selling models here people. The nerfing only came after they opened their arms to the tournament scene, hoested a big event, and now streams all the big events. They have even posted up the army lists in the GW store so that you can buy the streamed armies. If the neglected, old, and retired Death models are on the streams it doesn't help them promote their products. Hence, the Death heavy nerfs in the recent FAQs. 

It sucks, but so be it. I love AOS, but if anyone can't see that it was created to reinvigorate the game, get new players in, and force existing players to retire their old armies and spend money, then you are blind.

As a Death player, you must either pick a new army, or accept that building a competitive army is an up hill battle from the start, so stop bitching, hope for new models/updates in 2017, and accept the nerfs, cause I'm sure these won't be the last.

On 31/12/2016 at 8:48 AM, deynon said:

What's there to balance?

Applying the rules as written (including the "Hints and Tips" section), you could attempt to use "Deathless Minions" to negate the wound, then if you failed, negate it with a second herald's "Sworn Bodyguard" rule, causing him to take a mortal wound, which you could then attempt to negate with "Deathless Minions", and if you failed you could pass it back to the first herald, and so on, until you passed a "Deathless Minion" roll. You would never actually lose any wounds because you would always pass the "Deathless Minion" roll eventually.

In response to deathless minions and ruler of the night.

Deathless minions is a 6+ within 10" of general and any hero

Ruler of the Night states that you get +1 to the dice roll for your deathless minions ability.

Nowhere does it restrict it to only within 10" of the general.

Thus with clever hero placement you can achieve an army wide 5+ save from deathless minions (whilst general is alive)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Thanatos Ares That was the only sane interpretation until the FAQ came out, though. Really should have been an Errata.

@CoffeeGrunt Yeah, the FAQ strongly implies that merging is fine so long as you don't exceed 60 models. A strictly logical & pedantic reading could still argue that you can't exceed highest starting strength of the two units, but I think most people would now agree that's not the case.

Archived