Hello! Hopefully, a new AoS player

DrEmrys

Hello everyone,

After many years without playing fantasy, with little time and motivation… now that the rulesets with AoS looks simpler I decided to give my models a last chance to see if I can get hooked to the game or drop it for good. This time, I moved to the UK (now living in Lincoln), so hopefully this may help me in finding a good group of people to play with.

I found this community a weeks ago and wanted to join and keep myself informed of all the things about the hobby.

Thanks!

On 13/12/2016 at 1:00 PM, DrEmrys said:

Hello everyone,

After many years without playing fantasy, with little time and motivation… now that the rulesets with AoS looks simpler I decided to give my models a last chance to see if I can get hooked to the game or drop it for good. This time, I moved to the UK (now living in Lincoln), so hopefully this may help me in finding a good group of people to play with.

I found this community a weeks ago and wanted to join and keep myself informed of all the things about the hobby.

Thanks!

Hey dude,

Theres a group of 8-10 of us that play regularly on a Tuesday evening in Lincoln at Imps Gaming which is just off monks road in town - we have a group here: http://www.tga.community/forums/forum/128-imps-gaming/

Come down, it's very casual. I'm Jon so you're welcome to ask for me. Happy to play games at any size.

Thanks everyone!

On 14/12/2016 at 7:47 PM, TerrorPenguin said:

Hey dude,

Theres a group of 8-10 of us that play regularly on a Tuesday evening in Lincoln at Imps Gaming which is just off monks road in town - we have a group here: http://www.tga.community/forums/forum/128-imps-gaming/

Come down, it's very casual. I'm Jon so you're welcome to ask for me. Happy to play games at any size.

Hello Jon

Thanks for the reply!. That sounds great! I still have to assemble my models and paint some but I will definitely pop in after Christmas.

I had a look at the Imps Gaming group in the forum and facebook.  Looks great!. I saw there was a 750pts tournament in January that was recently changed to 2000pts. A pitty for me because I don't think I will make it, but it would be great if we can play a small size game to get a first grasp of AoS!

Cool, no worries, but don't let assembling or painting be a restriction. Some of us *cough*me*cough* play with bare plastic so don't let it put you off coming. Would rather people came and played than waited until the 4th of never for their army to be perfect (especially when you then have to play my newly undercoated army!)

Let us know when you're coming down and I'll happily play you.

What was it that made the tournament not do-able? Was it the points level or the date? 

22 hours ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Cool, no worries, but don't let assembling or painting be a restriction. Some of us *cough*me*cough* play with bare plastic so don't let it put you off coming. Would rather people came and played than waited until the 4th of never for their army to be perfect (especially when you then have to play my newly undercoated army!)

Let us know when you're coming down and I'll happily play you.

What was it that made the tournament not do-able? Was it the points level or the date? 

Thanks for the advice. It is good to know.

The date is fine. I simply thought that because it is a tournament, it would be mandatory to have all the minis fully painted. If that is not the case, then I should be able to assemble 2000pts of minis by the 14th of Jan.

Are you going to meet next Tuesday? I can remove the dust to the boxes and assemble some minis this weekend for a next week small points game :) 

11 hours ago, DrEmrys said:

Thanks for the advice. It is good to know.

The date is fine. I simply thought that because it is a tournament, it would be mandatory to have all the minis fully painted. If that is not the case, then I should be able to assemble 2000pts of minis by the 14th of Jan.

Are you going to meet next Tuesday? I can remove the dust to the boxes and assemble some minis this weekend for a next week small points game :) 

I'll send you a message! 

Archived