Alternative greens

Im painting mine a grey colour scheme using Mechanicus standard grey as the base, layers of dawnstone with nuln wash and then administratum grey for detailing.

Gives quite a nice stone skin/ash skin effect. Soon as I can get my hands on a half decent camera I will be putting some pictures up.

Sometimes when I can'y get any ideas I flick through the games workshop paint bundles they sell and pick a colour from there, as they tend to pack them with base, shade, wash and highlights for one colour.

So for instance if you wanted a yellowy green/olive scheme, one of the closest they offer is this:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Camo-Paint-Drop

Once you get your eye in for the paints you can start piecing them together yourself but until then this is a handy tip i think.

I'd suggest Deathworld Forest, use Camoshade to wash it and then layer up through Elysian Green and Ogryn Camo, with a final wash of Lamenters Yellow to re-introduce the yellow tones.

For the Grey/Green, work from a grey base like Mechanicus Grey, and work up through Eshin Grey and Dawnstone before washing heavily with Camoshade.

I paint my orruks with different green skin tones (within the same unit).

we all have different skin tones so I like my models to have a bit of variety.

I heard recently about zandri dust followed by biel tan wash and dry-brushing up to a light green. Not tried it yet (currently doing caliban, elysian, camoshade and ogryn/nurgling green)

let me know if you find any cool mixes and I'll paint you into my hordes!

I do my greenskin in Deerwood green followed by a wash in biel tan shade the do a highlight with elis yuan green and finish with a final highlight of Kislev flesh. Gives me a result like this: e63f11ef7d63cb018039e3f4dc0332fe.jpg

The is a lot of yellow in the green. To tone down the green wash with camoshade or Ogryn Flesh instead of biel tan

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I do my greenskin in Deerwood green followed by a wash in biel tan shade the do a highlight with elisian green and finish with a final highlight of Kislev flesh. Gives me a result like this: e63f11ef7d63cb018039e3f4dc0332fe.jpg

The is a lot of yellow in the green. To tone down the green wash with camoshade or Ogryn Flesh instead of biel tan

Archived