Battle Report and Gameplay visual aid

KHHaunts

So ive been working on a little game at the moment that is inspired from the VASSAL 40k engine (Its 40k simulator from a top down view)

Im making a version for AOS which is a little more self sufficient (AI opponent and stuff)

However i had a little thought partway through thae project that i wondered if people may be interested in.

Ive made a simplified version of the project which basically is just a changable battlefield where you can place/remove/move and rotate Models, Scenary and various icons (Wound counters, objective flags, Rulers etc)

My thinking was that this might be a useful tool to a number of people both on and off this forum as essentially it means that you can recreate a scene from one of your battles or dipict and entire battle report turn by turn.

Also i thought it might be useful to allow people to post visual representations of gaming questions/issues they may have (pile ins and such)

All you would need to do is place the relevant models on the virtual battlefield. Move and rotate them into postion, Place any markers or counters you may need to convey what your showing and then screen shot and post it.

I have already completed a working version with models from the AOS starter set sprited and will post it on this evening.

But before i did.

What do people think? Useful to anyone?

Also if all else fails the sprites can be used for a decent AOS vassal module.

Finally im not much of a spriter. So if anyone out there would be happy to make sprites for all the relevant armies ill happily add them on (With credit of course) (Have already done Wanderers and Bretonnians)

Will post screen shot later

1 hour ago, meet.the.doctor said:

Looks like a thing that may be a real boost to all battle reports on the forums! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! It's almost ready to post. The only real barrier is the sprites for the rest of the armies.

I've done/am doing:

Storm cast

Bloodbound

Wanderers

Brettonian

Empire.

Need sprites for the other though

Here is a Beta test of the program:

Select Icon in top right to open model placer.

Click on top box and then left and right arrows to change factions.

Click lower box and then left and right to cycle through models

click one of the icons at the bottom to select banners, unit leaders etc.

Once unit selected click button with a stick man and drag your model to the desired position.

Once you release the left button the model will stop. Left button and drag to move it again.

Right mouse button and drag to rotate model.

Hover mouse over model and press D to delete.

The Program currently contains the models from the AOS Starter box and a number of Gaming icons located under "Misc"

This is just a Beta so expect bugs

Thanks!

Let me know of any additional icons features and sprites you either think it needs or wish to contribute.

Archived