Stormcast 1500 Pts

Votters

Well, the Formation is 1440pts at the very least, including the Formation bonus. We are talking 2 Azyros (so you can LS closer), 2 sets of 5 Paladins, 3 sets of 5 Liberators, 2 sets of 5 Judicators and 3 Javelin guys. Can it work? Sure. Is it optimal? Meh. The biggest hitting power comes from the Paladins. At 10 attacks per unit, you might get some damage in, but you will be hard-pressed to remove bigger or buffed units. If you can deliver Paladins to the enemy, you want bigger units, which you can only do at 2000pts points. Liberators and Judicators are solid when it comes to smashing weaker units, scoring or finishing off stragglers, but using them as your main hitters, which you will be doing at 1500, is not enough. Not to say it is bad though, just not very optimal.

As for what Formations work at 1500pts, I am a fan of the Realmgate Wardens (560pts base) and the Hammerstrike Force (600pts base) at lower levels, if you want to deliver Paladins to the wrong without having to take a Vexillor. Both allow to beef up your Paladins to more preferable size. Alternatively, Vanguard Wing (440pts base) is pretty solid too, but requires support from harder hitting units like Dracoth riders.

First instinct would be to pick one and build off it. However, you could combine it. Maybe something like 10 Protectors, 2x5 Liberators, the Castellan, 2x5 Paladins of choice (probably Retributors) and 6 Prosecutors. Add in the extra cost from the Formations and you should be around the 1500 mark if I am not mistaken.

Try build of one each or the above. Maybe you'll find something you like.

So something like this?  Or would it be better to take a Lord Celestent on foot with a 3rd unit of Liberators instead of Judicators and 10 Protectors?

Leaders
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)

Units
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammers
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammers
Paladin Protectors x 10 (400)
Paladin Retributors x 10 (440)
Judicators x 5 (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Battalions
Wardens of the Realmgate (80)

7 hours ago, Votters said:

So something like this?  Or would it be better to take a Lord Celestent on foot with a 3rd unit of Liberators instead of Judicators and 10 Protectors?

Leaders
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)

Units
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammers
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammers
Paladin Protectors x 10 (400)
Judicators x 5 (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Battalions

Looks like a start. Port the Retributors and march the Protectors (or just port both). Hammer and Anvil style. Slower than Hammerstrike, but it will wreck a ranged army. In theory, anyway. I have yet to try to specific setup.

That would limit you greatly but this is a possibility.

Hero : 100

3X5 liberators 300 (minimum base)

2X10 Retributors 880

1X3 Prosecutors 100

Bataillon 120

Well that is 1500 points. The only maneuver you have is to cut 20 points on prosecutors to have a 120 point hero.

Even if the Prosecutors get thundertusked, you can still deploy your guys at 9" anyway so it is a win.

I miss judicators in that build.

I have a 1500 pt event coming up in January and was also considering either the Warrior Brotherhood or Skyborne Slayers. With the slightly lower numbers for the Slayers I am leaning towards them so I can field 3 heroes in case I draw the Places of Power mission. Below is my initial thought list that I will get to play test this Friday.

Leaders:

Lord Celestant on Dracoth (220)

Lord Celestant (100)

Knight Venator (120)

Units:

5 Liberators (100)

• ·         Hammers and Shields, Grand hammer

5 Liberators (100)

• ·         Hammers and Shields, Grand blade

5 Judicators (160)

• ·         Skybolt bows, Shockbolt bow

5 Judicators (160)

• ·         Skybolt bows, Shockbolt bow

5 Decimators (200)

• ·         2 Starsoul Maces

5 Protectors (200)

• ·         2 Starsoul Maces

Battalion:

Skyborne Slayers (140)

I guess what I am trying to decide is clearly you want more than 5 Retributors, and with Realmgate you can only port one unit a turn so taking 1 unit of 10 Retributors is optimal.  Within Hammerstrike since it requires you to take two units of Retributors you already have the 10 models, so no real need to fill out both units to 10 models? 

This is a Hammerstrike list I came up with.  The only other hero I currently own is the Celestant on Dracoth,  in a list that does not rely on Lightning Strike are Knight-Azyros worth the points?  Are there any other Heroes a that I really should be taking in regards to optimizing the use of my force?

Leaders
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Celestant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)

Units
Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers x 3 (100)
Paladin Retributors x 5 (220)
Paladin Retributors x 5 (220)
Paladin Protectors x 5 (200)
Liberators x 5 (100)
Liberators x 5 (100)
Judicators x 5 (160)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Total: 1500/1500

The Knight-Azyros would allow you to re-roll 1's in shooting against units that are within 8" of him.  (and his bomb once per battle attack).  Probably not worth it as you only have two units of shooting in that list.

Since you are taking a battalion you get an extra artifact. 

Looks like a solid list.  The only downside I can potentially see is that your other units may not be able to keep up the hammerstrike forces since they can move so far. 

• 3 weeks later...

Having trouble deciding between these two lists.  One list uses a Lord Celestant on Dracoth for mobility and punching power on a hero.  The other list uses a celestant on foot and a unit of prosecutors with hammer for higher model count while maintaining the 3 heroes.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Leaders
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
Lord Castellant (100)
Units
Liberators x 5 (100)
Liberators x 5 (100)
Judicators x 5 (160)
Battalions
Total: 1480/1500

OR

Leaders
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Celestant (100)
Units
Liberators x 5 (100)
Liberators x 5 (100)
Judicators x 5 (160)
Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers x 3 (100)
Gryph-Hound x 1 (40)
Battalions
Total: 1500/1500

Archived