The new Sylvaneth box

Foz

Hi guys - don't play order at the moment but loving a good a deal and the models themselves I'm toying with the idea of getting a couple of the new sylvaneth boxes to make a new army. Don't really know how well the units perform as no one plays the army locally but would this work? Doesn't need to be super competitive but I don't want to be losing every game.

Ive got two list ideas: 

a) Drycha, Durthu, Treelord Ancient, 6x Kurnoth Hunters, 6x Kurnoth Hunters, 5x Tree-Revenants, 5x Tree-Revenants, 5x Tree-Revenants

b) Drycha, Treelord Ancient, Treelord Ancient, 6x Kurnoth Hunters, 6x Kurnoth Hunters, 10x Tree-Revenants, 5x Tree-Revenants, 5x Tree-Revenants

I don't really know what everything does exactly and haven't seen the battle tome for the allegiance abilities - but do people think either would be viable, or are there any other build options I've missed? Both are bang on 2000 points so I'm not currently allowing for the box to bring a new point costed battalion, or any existing battalions (partly due to ignorance of not knowing them).

Thanks for your help.

I would hesitate to rely only on tree revs as my battleline options.  You're paying 100 pts for only 5 wounds at a 5+ save, which will melt away very fast.  I highly suggest working a block of 20 dryads into your list.  You may want to consider something along the following lines:

Treelord Ancient

Durthu

Branchwych

6 x Kurnoth Hunters

3 x Kurnoth Hunters

20 x Dryads

10 x Dryads

5 x Tree Revs

Household

Gnarlroot

(100 pts left for whatever you want, I like using a Loremaster)

Or with Drycha...

Treelord Ancient

Drycha

Branchwych

6 x Kurnoth Hunters

3 x Kurnoth Hunters

20 x Dryads

20 x Dryads

5 x Tree Revs

Household

Gnarlroot

(Again 100 pts left)