Azlak the Damned

Hi all, this probably won't be interesting to many but I would like some insight into this. I play my Bloodbound army fluffy, I don't look at which units are big hitters or can last for ages. I tend to try and keep to the warscroll battalions and add a little background to them. That said I have just noticed a possible oversight by GW.

The warscroll battalion Bloodbound Warhorde has an ability called The Blood God's Scorn that allows units in the battalion to unbind spells. It also has an extra that allows you to add 2 to the unbind result if a Mighty Lord of Khorne or Slaughterpriest attempt the unbind.

This is where the oversight exists; a Mighty Lord of Khorne cannot be part of a Bloodbound Warhorde. The Warhorde can be made up of the following battalions:

• The Gorechosen
  • Bloodbound Warband
  • Bloodstorm
  • Brass Stampede
  • Dark Feast
  • Skulltake
  • Red Headsmen

None of these battalions include a Mighty Lord of Khorne. He is only included in the Goreblade Warband which can't be part of the Bloodbound Warhorde.

In my personal opinion I think he should be included in either The Gorechosen or as a mandatory model in the Bloodbound Warhorde. It just doesn't seem right that a Warhorde couldn't be led by a Mighty Lord of Khorne.

Well, the way I see it is that the "mighty" Lord of Khorne has that word 'mighty' attached in its keywords. Otherwise, the keywords Lord of Khorne pretty much cover it. I wouldn't personally have any problem with you playing it that way, nor would anyone in our community here.

I'm sure that there's a bunch of purists who will jump on me for saying this, but I'm all about having fun and don't believe that there's any room for rules lawyering in non-tournament settings.

Archived