My first Death List

LordRogalDorn

I am looking to start a death army in the near future and would like some constructive criticism on this list idea

1 vampire Lord on a Zombie Dragon, General, Red Fury, Cursed Book

1 Vampire Lord with wings

30 skeleton Warriors

20 Skeleton Warriors

20 Zombies

5 Blood Knights

1 Mournhul

2 Morghast Harbingers

200 pts on the dot

Any thoughts? 

As MikeGreen said, shift 10 Skeletons around so that you have one unit of 40 and one unit of 10. Give the 40-man unit spears, and the 10-man unit swords. 20 Zombies are not going to do you much good - you might as well drop them to 10, and use the remaining 60 points on something else. Either to make some other changes to the list, or you could throw in a unit of Dire Wolves which is a fantastic charge screen.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I have come up with two different versions of the list. Which looks like a better list for playing in GH missions?

1 necromancer

40 skeleton Warriors with spears

10 Skeleton Warriors with swords

10 Skeleton Warriors with swords

5 Blood Knights 

5 dire wolves

1 Mournhul

2 Morghast Harbingers

2000 pts on the dot

1 Tomb Banshee

1 Tomb Banshee

10 skeleton Warriors with swords 

10 Skeleton Warriors with swords 

10 Skeleton Warriors with swords 

5 Blood Knights

5 Blood Knights

1 Mournhul

2 Morghast Harbingers

2000 pts on the dot

I feel like the first list will do better at holding objectives, but the second list looks like it will have more staying power and more offense. Thoughts? Also, how good are chaos knights for converting into blood knights?

Don't forget that as a death player you don't need to finalise your list before you start. You could allocate reinforcement points and then make the choice (e.g. Between bats or banshee) depending on the game.

Facing a shooty army - summon bat swarms; charges - zombie line as chaff; three places of power - banshee is a hero to capture objectives. 

I am coming round to the idea of using summoning more and more 

Archived