Let's chat Fyreslayers

Nico

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I would have 30 tunneling Aurics with lords of the lodge every tournament game. 120 shoots 3+ 3+ rerolling rend -1 that is 72 -1 rend wounds hitting pretty much what you want before the opponent can do anything. What's left the vulkites can deal with.

You don't get the to wound reroll on the turn you tunnel though which drops it to 53 wounds through. Still pretty decent and should be able to wipe off any large hero or unit.

560 points is a pretty bit investment though considering how easy it can be taken out. I would probably also tunnel a unit of shield vulkites to form a defence around them.

Edit: exactly 1000 points for 30 Vulkites, 30 Auric and 2 Runesmiters. Not bad.

Has anyone ever tried a Bravery bomb? 

I had success with it in a small game the other night. Idea is running multiple Runefathers and a Runeson or two 

-1 Bravery for the Runeson - 2xD3 from the Runefather, Focus auric and Droth fire on a single unit or Something like Pole axes that can reliably remove a couple models and watch them flee to battleshock

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

You don't get the to wound reroll on the turn you tunnel though which drops it to 53 wounds through. Still pretty decent and should be able to wipe off any large hero or unit.

Yes you do. ☺️

A runesmiter on magmadroth is a must include in my book just for this reason.

2 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

560 points is a pretty bit investment though considering how easy it can be taken out. I would probably also tunnel a unit of shield vulkites to form a defence around them.

Yes. I use to tunnel an equal amount of vulkites just to put in a ring around the aurics. 

But maybe lords of the lodge puts this in another perspective. You might be able to catch up with guys running from your backend and use the other tunneling unit in another mission. Have to play test that.

Regarding the points. It's expensive but you pretty much got it for free with the points reduction comparing to my previous list. ?

2 hours ago, Gengis137 said:

Btw would you say that every unit of auric can give an extra +1 to the save in a forge brethren batalion ? And would it be stackable? I'd say yes but I need confirmation ^^

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Yes, seems to be the consensus.

Yes you do. [emoji5]
A runesmiter on magmadroth is a must include in my book just for this reason.

I find that's a bit of a waste for a one use ability and the extra runesmiter to tunnel him. I like to keep him where he can buff most of the army and often try to aim before the opponent gets their double turn so they have it for two turns [emoji16]

7 minutes ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

I find that's a bit of a waste for a one use ability and the extra runesmiter to tunnel him. I like to keep him where he can buff most of the army and often try to aim before the opponent gets their double turn so they have it for two turns emoji16.png

I dont tunnel him. I run him up and string the aurics so they hit the buff. It's worth it IMO. The rest of the army will have a lot of rerolling wounds anyway, (I run one runesmiter on magma and two on foot), this is the one that counts. Try it and see what you think.

I posted a picture of the exact setup I try to achive some pages ago. Have a look at it to see what you think of my strategy.

On 2016-11-18 at 11:22 AM, Andreas said:

To add some more tactics to the thread regarding the alpha strike (to new players).

This is (I think) is the optimal first turn alpha strike setup if it is possible. You might choose not to try to get the aurics within range of the battlesmith if that means you lose a lot of attacks being out of range from the target.

Setup1.png

Here is the picture. There is of course other ways to play fyreslayers. But this worked resonable well for a list that is now 1600pt. ?

6 hours ago, Andreas said:

Here is the picture. There is of course other ways to play fyreslayers. But this worked resonable well for a list that is now 1600pt. ?

How do you work this with the Lodge? Charging with the vulkites would open your aurics back up to counter ganks, or do you move the vulkites to axe distance and let them charge you?

1 hour ago, Tubs said:

How do you work this with the Lodge? Charging with the vulkites would open your aurics back up to counter ganks, or do you move the vulkites to axe distance and let them charge you?

I would in general only charge if I can do it without risking the Aurics. But there are a lot of situations where you want to go for it, maybe you have to kill something that is wounded that heals or of course maybe you need to take an objective.

I'm extremely excited by the points changes. Time for some Magmapike to the face!

If you charge the Vulkites in, then you can probably form a thin orange line that pins their entire army (other than units that can fly and can move over 12" (which might be able to fly over the line without having to run to clear it without a helipad).

Even the Runefather becomes viable at the new cost (the one on Magmadroth for the reroll saves of one Command Ability and his ability to distract attention from what really matters).  

Always Shields and I would go for the rend of the picks. If the 3+ on the axes was on the hit roll, then the axes might be worthwhile (as there are so many -1 to hit debuffs out there and hardly any -1 to wound debuffs). Also with rerolls to wound, the 4+ to wound is up to a 75% shot anyway (which is a huge improvement, bigger than the buff from 2/3 to 1-(2/3)^2.

They just aren't going to kill the whole unit (5+, possibly rerollable, 4+ ward for the whole phase irrespective of casualties, rerolling battleshock due to Order hero nearby) unless you're charging into pre-buffed Bullgors or some other chainsaw. Especially good to do it if you're about to get the double turn (with Lords of the Lodge for +3), then you can dump the impact hits; chop up; and then the next turn you get to do the axe throws from both them and the Aurics behind! Also you might get a hero near the juicy target for the +1 to hit buff on the Aurics! 

New points means tunneling horde armies are viable maybe ? 3 variants I'd like to try - any comments?

list 1:

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

30 berserkers

25 berserkers

25 berserkers

20 auric hearthguard

20 auric hearthguard

List 2:

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

30 berserkers

30 berserkers

5 berserkers

25 auric hearthguard

25 auric hearthguard

list 3

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

30 berserkers

5 berserkers

5 berserkers

25 auric hearthguard

25 auric hearthguard

25 auric hearthguard

all 3 rely on berserkers shielding the hearthguard who shoot key targets. Having the option to alpha strike or go for that double turn where the damage massively increases is nice . 

List 1 has more bodies, and lots of ward save berserker bodies but much less shooting.

List 2 is a bit of a hybrid, 2 of each block and a 5 man to come up late game

List 3 has a ton of shooting especially on the double turn (easy to do 100 wounds with -1 rend) but only 1 berserkers shield, with 2 5 man units that have to deploy and hold backfield objectives.

Which do fellow-slayers prefer? 

A actualy think nr 3 is best in a filthy skyre way.

But for a strong and still fun list to play I would take nr1 (or nr2) and change it slightly to only tunnel two vulkite units and add a battlesmith and a runesmiter on magmadroth to go with the vulkites starting on the table and use the awakening ability when the aurics pop up.

While I get the appeal of an all-tunnel army I'm not a fan and reserve that only for a skaven list which does that. Not fun for me at least. That said, tunneling 3 units can be very nice. Most i've ever tunneled was 2x25 vulkites and a Magmabomb. If I deploy my Lodge with enemies that can pop up adhering to more than 9" away I do my best not to give them room. Opponents usually leave me just enough room to conga a bubble on the table edge :) 

Just my own personal Jes...I mean, opinion.

Archived