Let's chat Fyreslayers

Nico

Man, I need to get back to TGA more regularly. 

Our Fyreslayer group has exploded from when I created that almost a year ago.

anyway...Holywars is coming up in 3.5 weeks and it's more for fun and narrative w/amazeballs tables and I'm not a competitive bro but I actually have a real good feeling about this list. Making use of teleporting terrain with the formation as well. Need to play 2-3 practice games as well. Already sitting on 88 games now with solo-Fyreslayers (never blended them yet). I'll try this out but I think I'll have fun and potential to win some games.:D Whatdya think?

Holy Wars 2017 next month

Leaders
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (320)
- General
Auric Runemaster (80)
Auric Runesmiter (100)
- Latch axe
Auric Runesmiter (100)
- Latch axe
Battlesmith (100)
- None
Grimwrath Berzerker (100)
- None

Battleline
15 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (300)
- Throwing Axes & Poleaxe
- Fyreslayer Battleline
25 x Vulkite Berzerkers (400)
- Handaxes & Throwing Axes
20 x Vulkite Berzerkers (320)
- Handaxes & Throwing Axes
5 x Auric Hearthguard (100)
- Magmapike & Throwing Axes
- Fyreslayer Battleline
15 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (300)
- Throwing Axes & Poleaxe
- Fyreslayer Battleline
5 x Auric Hearthguard (100)
- Magmapike & Throwing Axes
- Fyreslayer Battleline

Units

Battalions
Lords of the Lodge (160)

Total: 2480/2500

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2017 at 9:50 PM, Tubs said:

What do you guys think about the forge brethren? I wasn't aware you could give the 1+ save to any unit within 15" pair that with a wizard or even alone VB with a 3+ or 2+ rerollable save or even onto a magmadroth. I feel like it would be far more powerful not used on the aurics themselves but on the frontline has anyone tried this?

Never done a grand order but that sounds sound. I have used it twice and put the bonus on my beefy infantry hordes w/the Hair (ward) saves. When rolling the dice you must declare, "by the power of my mohawk!" Seriously, it's odd how unholy bad my dice luck is always in games but I do make me some Hair saves. Just skip the armor buffs, it's an expected loss in my case, either by rend or bad rolling. :P 

edit: and try if course to keep 4+ hair saves all over the place on infantry.

• 2 weeks later...

So im building a list for an up coming tournament here in NZ and im finding that to keep points and synergies to fit the the Runefather must be general to make HB battleline. What do you guys think? 

The Runemaster is a rubbish general imo in bigger games, also it seems to make the Runefather on Magma more viable imo

55 minutes ago, Tubs said:

So im building a list for an up coming tournament here in NZ and im finding that to keep points and synergies to fit the the Runefather must be general to make HB battleline. What do you guys think? 

The Runemaster is a rubbish general imo in bigger games, also it seems to make the Runefather on Magma more viable imo

Unless you have a tactic around one of the command abilities I find it doesn't really matter who your general is. Runemaster isn't too bad, often underrated. His volcano call ability can be really effective if used well. 

I often run either forge brethren, lords of the lodge or both so don't mind using him as general with reckless and just sit him behind the troops

22 minutes ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Unless you have a tactic around one of the command abilities I find it doesn't really matter who your general is. Runemaster isn't too bad, often underrated. His volcano call ability can be really effective if used well. 

I often run either forge brethren, lords of the lodge or both so don't mind using him as general with reckless and just sit him behind the troops

He is so squishy though! I was thinking forge brethren with a tunneling runefather on magma and VB unit. Reckless for the guranteed charge on the VB unit and they brethren buffs could keep them pretty well alive in the following combat phases. 

What do you guys think of this? Kind of limited by the time and what i currently have. I have 6 unopened boxes of HB/Aurics this is what im thinking

Runefather (General, Reckless)

Runemaster

Battlesmith

Runesmiter

Runeson on Magmadroth (Phoniex stone or Relic Blade?)

Grimmy (Relic Blade)

25x Vulkites

5x Vulkites

20x Hearthguard 

10x Aurics

Lords of the Lodge

2000/2000.

Input would be appreciated :)  im very new to the Fyreslayers the Runeson is not ideal but at least its fast for side obj and Tunneling the vulkites probably.

What do you guys think of this? Kind of limited by the time and what i currently have. I have 6 unopened boxes of HB/Aurics this is what im thinking
Runefather (General, Reckless)
Runemaster
Battlesmith
Runesmiter
Runeson on Magmadroth (Phoniex stone or Relic Blade?)
Grimmy (Relic Blade)
25x Vulkites
5x Vulkites
20x Hearthguard 
10x Aurics
Lords of the Lodge
2000/2000.

Input would be appreciated [emoji4]  im very new to the Fyreslayers the Runeson is not ideal but at least its fast for side obj and Tunneling the vulkites probably.

Looks alright, I often run a similar list. I prefer the smiter on magmadroth though, I never seem to get much out of the runeson on droth.

If you make the runemaster your general then split the auric Hearthguard in to two units of five you don't need the 5 vulkites and can re use those points elsewhere.

Or potentially you could have the runefather on droth instead of the runeson for a similar list but get a different command ability.

2 minutes ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Looks alright, I often run a similar list. I prefer the smiter on magmadroth though, I never seem to get much out of the runeson on droth.

If you make the runemaster your general then split the auric Hearthguard in to two units of five you don't need the 5 vulkites and can re use those points elsewhere.

Or potentially you could have the runefather on droth instead of the runeson for a similar list but get a different command ability.

I feel like maybe the 5 man unit is too easy picked off. Maybe I should delete the Grimmy for another 5. 

I'm not a massive fan of the Runeson on Droth but if I take the Smiter on Droth I have no tunnelling. Father could be a good option the re roll 1s to save is handy for places that the Battlesmith can't reach like a tunnelling unit.

I feel like maybe the 5 man unit is too easy picked off. Maybe I should delete the Grimmy for another 5. 
I'm not a massive fan of the Runeson on Droth but if I take the Smiter on Droth I have no tunnelling. Father could be a good option the re roll 1s to save is handy for places that the Battlesmith can't reach like a tunnelling unit.

That's true, you need one smiter on foot really. I wouldn't lose the Grimwrath he's pretty awesome. Auric Hearthguard are a funny unit, I run fives all the time and people tend to overlook them.

36 minutes ago, Tubs said:

If I broke the tunnelling unit down to 20 then the other VB could have 10 models. 

What is your opinions on a Runeson on Droth for a Flanking/Objective grabber axes or javelin?

10 is surprisingly more useable than 5, I find 15-20 VB quite good. They don't need the full 4+ extra save. 

Withr the runeson I use the javelin on foot and Axes on the droth, but if you don't want your droth in any major combat the javelin isn't a bad choice. Mine has made a few good kills here and there. 

This is insane IMO. Fyreslayers might be the new filth [emoji39] and I am not sure I like it.
My current list which does ok in my scene is 1600pt with the new points.

Same. Vulkite berserkers are now crazy efficient for their points, the best defensive battleline unit in the game I think.

Every list will have at least one magmadroth now.

1 minute ago, Tubs said:

Aurics would possibly be the best shooting infantry in the game at 80 points ???

Yes, I would have 30 tunneling Aurics with lords of the lodge every tournament game. 120 shoots 3+ 3+ rerolling rend -1 that is 72 -1 rend wounds hitting pretty much what you want before the opponent can do anything. What's left the vulkites can deal with.

Archived