How to reintroduce Age of Sigmar

How did you get your club mates back into Age of Sigmar? 

I made a video detailing the problems that I'm having with my particular area. Rather than restating everything, here is a link to the video.

I'm really interested in how all of you approached your club mates about reintroducing Age of Sigmar. Please let me know!

I'm new to table top games in general, so I come from a different view point. But what attracted me to Age of Sigmar was that it was a new game, with simple rules, that I could play with just a few models. It also helps that the world is getting developed now, so I'm not playing catch-up with the lore or other players.

And I still ended up spending $200 just to get started!

I sometimes feel like branching out into 40k but it's intimidating to just think about.

I'm new to table top games in general, so I come from a different view point. But what attracted me to Age of Sigmar was that it was a new game, with simple rules, that I could play with just a few models. It also helps that the world is getting developed now, so I'm not playing catch-up with the lore or other players.
And I still ended up spending $200 just to get started!
I sometimes feel like branching out into 40k but it's intimidating to just think about.

It's been a while since I've encountered someone completely new to wargaming. Welcome! [emoji4]

Was there anything particular about the games you played that left you wanting to come back for more? How did you get enticed top take the plunge into AoS?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I've known about Warhammer since I started college in 98, but I didn't have the time and couldn't afford it back then. Last year I was taking my little sister to a local gaming store and they were heavily promoting Age of Sigmar. I didn't bite, but my interest in the game was rekindled. During the next couple of months I found myself researching the game, watching battle reports on youtube and eventually gave in and bought the Starter Set, some books, paints and accessories. All of that without playing a demo game. Now I'm a regular at that local going store playing Age of Sigmar every Saturday and going to start playing D&D, another game I've never played even though I wanted to back in my college days.

What I think is important to realise, is that AoS offers a particular experience and is designed for a certain kind of gamer (Timmy, if you are familiar with psychographic profiles). This as different target than what WFB was made for, which is where a lot of the hate comes from.

Trying to get people who are not interested in the type of game AoS is into AoS is futile in my experience. Build your group with people who like epic games with awesome models. They are there, but often not people who stuck with WFB till the end.

Having an event that encourages people to try it out and has people playing regularly where they can be seem having fun is a good route. A few of us ran the global campaign and our AoS group boomed as a result.

I use models to attract people. AOS has very strong point here. The game may upset people but one can't deny that it has the most fantastic miniature models in the world.

So I just show some photos for to friends who aren't currently into this kind of games and frankly most of them shows interests as soon as they see the models. Then I invite them to local shop and show them a game, typically with a starter set. Some of them now are playing every week now.

Another way I think is a good start is to show someone the book "Getting Started with Warhammer Age of Sigmar". It has awesome artwork and easy to understand even with non-native English speaker like me.

Archived