1000 pt Tzeentch Mortals/Daemons List

watcherking

Hello, all! I'd like your thoughts on my 1000 pt Tzeentch Mortals + Daemons list.

1 Lord of Chaos (Tzeentch)                   100
1 Chaos Sorcerer Lord                           140
10 Warriors of Chaos  (HW + Shield)     180
5 Knights (Glaive)                                  200
3 Flamers                                                200
1 Gaunt Summoner (with Familiars)    120

Godsworn Champions of Ruin                60

Total                                                      1000

I tried to make my army as well rounded as I could while sticking to my Tzeentch theme: I have Warriors of Chaos as my tar pits; I have 5 Knights as my tanky-objective catchers; I have 3 flamers of good shootin'; a Chaos Sorcerer Lord for support, and a Gaunt Summoner for his crazy fire spell.

What do you guys think?

On 10/31/2016 at 5:04 PM, DarkBlack said:

You only have one battleline.

Ah, I see. What about this list:

1 Lord of Chaos (Tzeentch)                   100
1 Chaos Sorcerer Lord                           140
10 Warriors of Chaos  (HW + Shield)     180
10 Warriors of Chaos (Halberds)           180
2 Burning Chariots                                320

Godsworn Champions of Ruin                60

Total                                                        980

I've tried to balance it out as fairly as I can. This way, I still have shooting and fast units while maintaining solid battle lines. Thoughts?

Here's just one example of how the scribes ruined one of my opponents day:

He cast plague on my warriors from his vermin lord. The scribes learned that spell and cast it on a huge unit of plaguemonks.

Spell gets off on a 2, but needs 9 to be dispelled. Wiped out entire unit after battleshock phase finished them off.

120 points. Flys. Gets all spells off this way. What's not to like?

5 hours ago, Tasman said:

Here's just one example of how the scribes ruined one of my opponents day:

He cast plague on my warriors from his vermin lord. The scribes learned that spell and cast it on a huge unit of plaguemonks.

Spell gets off on a 2, but needs 9 to be dispelled. Wiped out entire unit after battleshock phase finished them off.

120 points. Flys. Gets all spells off this way. What's not to like?

Awesome! I guess I'd have to get him, then! Thanks for the tip

For pure Tzeentch daemons at 1000 point I use the scribes all the time, it's a good way to buff casting and have something that can very reliably cast a spell without a LoC (expensive at 1000 points). If you want a herald on a disc, you'll be better off taking the scribes instead, same points but more versatile.

5 hours ago, DarkBlack said:

For pure Tzeentch daemons at 1000 point I use the scribes all the time, it's a good way to buff casting and have something that can very reliably cast a spell without a LoC (expensive at 1000 points). If you want a herald on a disc, you'll be better off taking the scribes instead, same points but more versatile.

Oh, cool. What does your go-to 1000 pt Tzeentch Daemon list look like, if I may know? :-)

All about tricks, plans and shenanigans:

Changeling (140/140)

Blue Scribes (120/260)

2x10 horros (280/540)

460 Summoning points

Total: 1000pts

The idea is to use summoning to bring what I need where I need it. The changeling can deploy with your opponent's army and not be targeted till he does something, very good to disrupt war machines or just summon in your opponent's back field.

Archived