Question Over Painting Stormcast Gold - Via Airbrushing

Wesley

Hello,

I am starting to pain my Stormcast force the I just finished assembling and am aiming to paint it as close as possible to GW's basic Stormcast paint scheme.

Planning on following the GW paint guilds for Stormcast.

But trying to avoid painting the basecoat of gold by hand so looking to airbrush it.

The guides say to paint the gold basecoat Retributor Armour. Does anyone know if this can be used in an airbrush?

I checked the air line of paints to see if there was a Retributor Armour air version but could only find Relictor Gold. Are these similar or different?

Please let me know as any advice would be great; thanks!

-Wes  

Ok so the retributor armour should thinned be fine in an airbrush then? Was not sure how metallics work when it came to thinning down and airbrushing.

Also the spray would be ideal but when ordering to Canada GW will not let you order any of the sprays; only one on site is Purity Seal.

Even my local shop said he could get them in.

-Wes

I'd not want to put the regular retributor armour through an airbrush, even thinned.  I find that most metallics have a habit of trying to separate if you thin them as the metal pigments sink to the bottom of the cup and then bung the nozzle up.

However GW do make an airbrush version of it - but I think you can only order that mail order.  Alternatively you can buy a Vallejo Metal Air Gold which has an amazing finish.

I've tried the spray can and was quite disappointed as it lacked some of the lustre of the brush on paint, although a lot of people have found it a really good match.

Archived