2k Khrone List

gmulroney

So after a few games with various stuff I am liking the idea of using the Bloudbound Warband because the many models getting bonuses seems fun. Here is what I have so far

Bloudbound Warband

Bloodsecrator

Aspiring Death Bringer

3x10 blood warriors

1x20 blood reavers

1x10 skullreapers

blood stoker

1400 points

So the question I have is what should add next? I was thinking either finagle some points for a brass stampede:

juggerlord

3x3 skullcrushers

or I could add some support heroes like slaughter priests and a blood thirster. Thoughts?

Second Bloodsecrator (pretty sure the bonus stacks and your opponent will target them), a Skull Cannon (or 2) plus skullcrushers and/or flesh hounds would round out the list nicely. Its pretty interesting how so far you havn't gone for any big time heroes (Lord of Khorne, Daemon Prince, Bloodthirster, etc). Hard to say if you are better off adding in a big bad or spending the points on more troops. Experiment and go from there I guess! 

Pretty solid core there.  A behemoth of some kind or Wrathmongers would be my suggestion, to give you a bit of punch if you come against any other behemoths.  I like Skullcrushers but the couple of games I've used them in have found you need to be selective against what they attack - if they're not charging they're not performing (in other words they get tarpitted quite easily).  So I'd not say they were a good choice if your opponent is fielding largish units of rank and file.

Wrathmongers are amazing. Another Bloodsecrator would also be good due to them being targeted so often.

I find Crushers aren't worth it.

Also, you may want to split your Skullreapers into two units to make it easier to activate their special rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khorne Bloodbound work very well defensively, put some wrath mongers 3" behind  on unit of Blood Warriors then you get 5 Attacks per guy if you get all your buffs off. Maybe a Bloodthirster that you can whip and send up the board to kill ranged stuff or a few Skull cannons to give you some ranged potential of your own.

Thanks for the advice guys. @#SteveJames I have the skull reapers in a unit of 10 so they benefit from Lord of War as a whole to make their daemon weapons do more mortal wounds, and the battalion on allow form one unit spa large unit getting the bonus attack on the charge is better. It seems like the general consensus is a blood thirster and some more supporting characters like a slaughter priest and another blood secrator instead of the brass stampede. The reason I wanted to go with the stampede was to get some fast moving units on the board to help push on objectives or hit flanks. 

Archived