Starsoul Maces - Any converting advice?

Johan Mars

Who doesn't love Starsoul Maces? Well at least we Stormcast players do, but the problem is we only get two of them in the Paladin box. And this is fine as long as you stick to only those incredibly expensive boxes, but when we have a lot of snap-fit models from the starter box and what not you have a lot of Retributors without those Starsoul Maces.

So my question is, how do we convert them? Have anyone done this, and if so how? I'm a little nitpicky when it comes to these things and want it too look as much as the originals do or at least so there's no misunderstandings that they actually are Starsoul Maces.

It's not the end of the world on Retributors particularly if you can get any +1 to hit buffs on them. 

I have seen some cool conversions using the Decimator axe blades from the Paladin box though. You can easily recreate the four outer blade sections of the mace. 

Head to your local craft store and go through the beading section.  Some very awesome shapes you can pick up to use as mace heads.

I picked up a string that on the 28mm scale almost looks like meteorites and I've painted them up like kyrptonite

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

On 2016-10-13 at 0:39 PM, Criti said:

Head to your local craft store and go through the beading section.  Some very awesome shapes you can pick up to use as mace heads.

I picked up a string that on the 28mm scale almost looks like meteorites and I've painted them up like kyrptonite

Good idea about the beads, think my daughter even might have some that could work. I would like the blades as well though.

On 2016-10-13 at 0:35 PM, Beardyface said:

It's not the end of the world on Retributors particularly if you can get any +1 to hit buffs on them. 

I have seen some cool conversions using the Decimator axe blades from the Paladin box though. You can easily recreate the four outer blade sections of the mace. 

9 minutes ago, Aeonotakist said:

Decimator axe blades will do.

I can post some pictures of that conversion lateron. It is more awesome than the standard one.

This what I thought at first too, and heard about other ppl who had done this conversion. Pictures is very much welcome! :)

Archived